Lantac .223 AR15 for sale

The CMMG Bravo .22LR conversion kit replaces the bolt carrier group of the AR-15 and will fit into a 223 chamber of the barrel.  Can cost about £300 new and are very rare as used items.  It will need a to be added to your FAC as a "22 Conversion Unit", however my licensing authority had no idea what it was or what to put on my licence when I asked for one as a variation.

CMMG .22LR Conversion Kit with Three 25 Round Magazines

East Midlands Regional Range have them listed in stock at £350 with 1 magazine.  https://www.emrr.org.uk/22BA6E1.html

58 minutes ago, kwakkerjack said:

The CMMG Bravo .22LR conversion kit replaces the bolt carrier group of the AR-15 and will fit into a 223 chamber of the barrel.  Can cost about £300 new and are very rare as used items.  It will need a to be added to your FAC as a "22 Conversion Unit", however my licensing authority had no idea what it was or what to put on my licence when I asked for one as a variation.

East Midlands Regional Range have them listed in stock at £350 with 1 magazine.  https://www.emrr.org.uk/22BA6E1.html

Wow now that is clever! does it actually allow it to become a semiautomatic .22 instead of a .22 straight pull? also will it fit other makes than CMMG? sorry about all the questions.

30 minutes ago, cakeordeath said:

Wow now that is clever! does it actually allow it to become a semiautomatic .22 instead of a .22 straight pull? also will it fit other makes than CMMG? sorry about all the questions.

The recoil mechanism is built into this replacement bolt and relies on blow-back method rather than a typical AR-15 .223/5.56 which uses a gas tube which is missing on UK compliant straight pull rifles.

I think companies like Lantac (and others using Mil-Spec uppers) use this method to sell them as 22LR rifles, CMMG certainly do in their retail models.

There are a quite a few videos on Youtube, these should answer some of your questions (from a Yank's point of view though). 

One needs to remember the this is only any use for off hand plinking

accuracy is rubbish!

as the 22rimfire needs loads more twist !

and whilst they are 22’s the bore size is different!

I had one years ago and wasn’t very impressed!

On 10/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, kwakkerjack said:

I know exactly what they are and what needs to be on your FAC, I know where there is at least one for sale secondhand.