American Car Show, Bisley Grounds

I am staying in my caravan there this weekend, It,s a fabulous atmosphere, Bisley just seems alive , no trouble its all middle aged men and young families , cars are great and the live music makes a good night out.

21 hours ago, dorg said:

I am staying in my caravan there this weekend, It,s a fabulous atmosphere, Bisley just seems alive , no trouble its all middle aged men and young families , cars are great and the live music makes a good night out.

I was there Friday and Saturday,  it was a very busy but fun.  I will however try and avoid it in future, too much beer and lack of moral fibre on my behalf 😃

I had a good look round,  What was slightly worrying was the smell of petrol that seemed to be everwhere, and some of the For Sale ad's seem to have IMHO rather optimisitc prices!

But then american cars aren't my thing..

14 minutes ago, martin_b said:

I had a good look round,  What was slightly worrying was the smell of petrol that seemed to be everwhere, and some of the For Sale ad's seem to have IMHO rather optimisitc prices!

But then american cars aren't my thing..

Yes, I noticed the petrol smell, I put it down to poor tuning and inefficient engines running overly rich.  Yes, £25k for a scabby wreck!  Oh well us poor Northerners must get by with an' old bike and whippet

2 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Yes, I noticed the petrol smell, I put it down to poor tuning and inefficient engines running overly rich.  Yes, £25k for a scabby wreck!  Oh well us poor Northerners must get by with an' old bike and whippet

I was there early, before 8am when i had my walk around and the smell was pretty intense next to some cars, did you see the rat look '32 coupe? infront of the corner classroom? Asking £75K!

5 minutes ago, martin_b said:

I was there early, before 8am when i had my walk around and the smell was pretty intense next to some cars, did you see the rat look '32 coupe? infront of the corner classroom? Asking £75K!

Missed that one!  Mad.  I bet similar can be got in the USA and shipped for less.

They have been having their annual rally there for years, it fell at the same time as the NSRA meeting for a few years but they moved it earlier as there were too many people on site and it was considered to be a bit dangerous.

Could not agree more with the above comment. I had an evening walk over Stickledown and the rest of the camp last night and was amazed at the total lack of rubbish. Between the 1200yd firing point and the 1000yd firing point, baring in mind this was solid with campers I found 3 small plastic bottles and nothing anywhere else. Much less than the Imperial. Great weekend looking forward to next time around.

Just as a complete contrast to the hussle and bussle of Saturday I'd booked a 300 electronic on Century this AM first thing and I was the only one on the entire range,

I think there was someone on Stix and 2 or 3  on short Siberia but definatly more staff than punters.