377yd rabbit

t.t

Ive been having a struggle of late with exbal :unsure:

with a bit of tweeking here and there with bullet coef' and bullet speed ive done it :D

Ive been waiting for the weather and a day off work to coinside with one and other and finaly got it all together yesterday !!

went out this morning flat calm and checked the windage on my scope was centred as it was out a little yesterday with a wind gusting up to 15mph. with that done a bunny was bagged @ 169yd then another @252yd a magpie missed @362yd (it was sitting facing me so a very small target area) but a miss all the same then another bunny @377yd :lol:

all shots were taken using exbal but didnt dial in the windage just held over another reason why i missed the maggie :lol:

riffle used tikka 595 .223, nxs scope, 55g vmax, 27.5gr varget, cci primers, sitting 3thou off the lands. the barrel on the riffle has been chopped to 18.5" with an atec mod fitted.

hope to get in the 500yd club this summer with exbal :D

Hey well done Tommy and welcome to the 300yd club!!! :lol::unsure:

Myself , unless its a very light breeze i always dial for wind mate!! - especially on the very small pests like magpies and crows!!! :lol::D

All the best....................

RAY.............................. :lol::D

Welcome to the club looks like you had a great afternoons sport.

Magpies are a bugger of a target to hit as they are so small and don't stop long to get a shot in.

Cheers

Dave

dont know Col as ive just had a letter off the police saying i have lost the permission on the land that i took you on, and that there was a new keeper on the estate and he had the shooting rights and that the tennant farmers could NOT give permission to anyone :)

wot a tw@t :D

dont know Col as ive just had a letter off the police saying i have lost the permission on the land that i took you on, and that there was a new keeper on the estate and he had the shooting rights and that the tennant farmers could NOT give permission to anyone :)

wot a tw@t :D

you cant blame the keeper mate, he is opnly doing his job. as a keeper myself i wouldnt have another centrefire or rimfire for that matter sharing land i keep,or have rights on. its not a case of my land sod off but if any thing does go wrong (god hope not) its the keeper who gets the blame i.e. missing pets ;) and the like B)

if the keeper was a bit smarter he might want to makes friends in the area for two reasons , lamping partner and if he is new to the area potential mates might know the local villans, poachers, arseholes, antis, dog walkers, plod,so on and so on plus he might want beaters contacts

just my two cents

mark

wasnt calling the keeper mark just meant "wot a tw@t" as in thats life and things change and you cant do nowt about it!!!

but gonna go and meet him and maybe just maybe get this permission back as i only shoot on this farm for evening long range bunny's. ive had permission on the farm for over 10yrs with no complaints from anyone.

heres hoping :)

good luck mate, shame you dont live closer to me , any ukv members are more than welcome for a nights lamping

mark

I thought this too but i'd rather keep things amicable (spelling) so if i loose it i loose it just have to get my arse out and find a replacement that will be just as good if not better :)

• 2 months later...

yeah its a bar steward losing good ground..

brother and i lost the "jewel in our crown" of ground this year due to farmer selling up...17yrs but gone just like that!!!

luckily we got some new bits n pieces but will miss that permission.

also good relationship with local keeper and he lets me do as much as want wi.22lr and if out lamping em always told to take .25-06 in case charlie appears....lets us do a bit at the pigeons also....very lucky with him

all he asks i let him know where and when im doing any thing.

had poachers couple o times over the years and informed him so hes happy

sauer

nice shooting a shame about the land loss

Nice shooting Tommy, well done.

I too am aiming for the 500yd shot after the harvest and hope to pull it off on the same ground where i got my 455yd bunny.

Me and my shooting mate lost a corking piece of land after only having it for 10 days, see my post; "Unreasonable Or Not"

Ian.

Long Range Club :rolleyes: thats like saying guns are for looking at and not for killing

long distence shots should be on paper targets only and not on wild life

Personally i'd edit that post mate, before you get loads of abuseand greif for such a statement. One mans long distance is another's zero, we all need to know our limltations. Good luck for the next few posts on this thread.

Guest varmartin
long distence shots should be on paper targets only and not on wild life

That's your opinion ...and its worth what we paid for it ....... :D

Archived