UKV Challenge shoot

kip270

Here is a taster of Sunday 5th April 2009 UKV Challenge shoot held in Warwickshire, many thanks to Graham, Grant, Ian and many more who will be mentioned. A full write up will be done this week, but wanted to share these few pics....

(Need to go to bed as i was nights last night, but had a great time, some new friends made and look forward to meeitng up again)

UKVshoot5-04-09443.jpg

UKVshoot5-04-09405.jpg

UKVshoot5-04-09282.jpg

UKVshoot5-04-09198.jpg

UKVshoot5-04-09147.jpg

UKVshoot5-04-09119.jpg

UKVshoot5-04-09020.jpg

UKVshoot5-04-09093.jpg

dam you kip :unsure: and your loverly piccies, nice scenery loverly guns. dam you. Looks like you had fun cant wait for the write up, did any body take a movie camera, would love to see some footage

mark

looks like you guys and girls had fun!!! :lol::unsure:

Shall look forward to the writeup and thanks for the taster!!! :lol::D

All the best.....................

RAY................................... :lol::D

Looks like a good day and decent weather, I spy a few rifles and owners I saw the day before in darkest Cumbria..

Sorry I coulnt make it, but I had to choose bettween the two days - a difficult choice :lol:

No doubt certain whiskered Cumbrians were attacking the honour of Lancastrians - I hope no-one took any notice of him :unsure::D:D

Look forwards to the full write up

Glad you all had a great day. I was dissapointed not to have been able to attend.

Glad the weather was kind for you guys and looking forward to the full report.

Cheers

Dave

An excellent day was had by all and many thanks must go out to Graham for hosting the shoot on his ground, Grant (Streaker59) for getting it all started, organisation and RO'ing and of course all the shooters who made the journey to compete in the event.

It was good to put faces to some to names and make new friends, shoot and generally have a good time.

Lets hope this can be an annual event. :D

Kip, cracking photos by the way buddy, nice one :D

Ian.

Some Cracking Pics there ,cant wait to see more!!!

Couldnt get there myself this year ;) but next year , I hope to bring the Video up and take a few shots of everyone enjoying their selves :D

cheers Andy :D

hi guys and girls,

well hoped every one enjoyed them selves and those that didnt make it are a tiny bit envious warm sun and light wind just about as good as you could wish for. you are a tight fisted lot not a single lose case on the floor any where and the litter was baged up as well . well the benches are in the shed waiting and ready for next year we didnt qutie shoot everything we aimed to acheive as it was a bit of a trial run and sadly the field was rutted so vechiles couldnt be used much to save time scoring etc but we all had fun and met some new faces.

big thanks to ian and grant for doing the leg work on organising and the targets but am already working out how we could shoot a bit quicker by using more fields round the farm and possibly shooting more than one layout at a time if more people where committed enough and we could get enough people to act as range officers so watch this space. but hopefully it will be a case of see you same time and place next year.

the best thing i think we achieved though was introducing carl ,zak and mathew three interested youngesters to rifle shooting and coupled with my 223rem and some old pmc match ammo they did really well as they had never fired a centerfire rifle before and i think they all three managed to hit one paint ball each and didnt come last niether after the other target shooting and i have already recieved three phone calls from slightly nerverous parents thanking me for allowing them to have a go and how much they enjoyed the day .

so once again glad the day was a sucsess and was enjoyed by all .

i have gained a pair of peltor ear defenders that where left on one of the picnic tables have a feeling that they may be either shreks or ratwiskers so if some one is missing a pair let me know and we can arrange for them to be returned.

graham.

Guest custarddog

hi

was good to meet you guys

thought i would show my face on here !!

whoever it was that knobbled my rifle -- i hate you :D took hours to het it cleaned out !!!

anyway looks like a good day had by all

regards

richard

Hi all.....

Just a line or two to echo what Ian & Graham have said.

It was an excellent day throughout and i was really happy to be able to put names to faces.

Had we more time and got ourselves organised a bit better, we'd have shot the gong at 600 yards.

Lessons learned and as Graham said we'll be better prepped next year..

Graham. If those muffs are green slimlines, they're mine. My guest , Jan lent a pair from my box and having just checked, they're no longer there. Sit on em till next year mate as i only keep them to lend out anyway...

Thanks to Ratswhiskers and Kip for helping me with the marking....... :)

Oh and a big thank you to Lisa ( Girl Friday ) for knobling Richards rifle...... :D

hi

was good to meet you guys

thought i would show my face on here !!

whoever it was that knobbled my rifle -- i hate you :D took hours to het it cleaned out !!!

anyway looks like a good day had by all

regards

richard

Glad you got your rifle sorted, and welcome to the site :)

Hi folks

Just to put the records straight I DIDNT nobble anyones riffle :D . That was a nasty rumour spread about to put me off me shootin :) . In fact when I got home I discovered I had the same problem with my Pink Perofrator as Richard did with your Pea Shooter. "Pea Shooter" if only!!! Next year Richard can you be busy working so us lesser mortals can have a chance. No but seriously I had a great day and cant wait till next year. Great Crack Chaps and Chapess.

Tomorrow I'm off to the range to check the Perforator is ok.

Lis

Archived