Re-barrel

dully1963

Hi 

I think it would be best if you contacted gun smiths in the first instance. It will save a lot of emails back and forth.

They will want to discuss what exactly your needs are and what you intend to use the rifle for.

I recently sent off my rifle for a new barrel. 

Firstly I sent an email explaining what rifle I had and what my intentions and expections were for the rifle. 

I ended the email saying I would give the gum Smith a call in a few days. This way he had most of the info before I called him.

This seemed to work well

Cheers

Shoppe

Dave Folwell (Bowtec rifles) is in Birtley, last one he did for me was £450, that was a lothar walther, not sure if he's still going though as he was on about retiring.

Alan Maunghan is Hexham (ish) think he's about the £650 mark for sassen button cut, friend of mine had a Tikka done by him and its a tack driver

53 minutes ago, Akeld said:

Dave Folwell (Bowtec rifles) is in Birtley, last one he did for me was £450, that was a lothar walther, not sure if he's still going though as he was on about retiring.

Alan Maughan is Hexham (ish) think he's about the £650 mark for sassen button cut, friend of mine had a Tikka done by him and its a tack driver

I stopped using Sassen button rifled barrels quite a while ago, they used to be £750.

I only use American match grade barrels now from either Bartlein, Brux or Krieger.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:14 PM, Big Al said:

I stopped using Sassen button rifled barrels quite a while ago, they used to be £750.

I only use American match grade barrels now from either Bartlein, Brux or Krieger.

Any particular reason for the switch?