12G coach gun

Mark II

I fancy trying my hand at Cowboy action shooting, I have a muzzle loading revolver and lever action but would like a 12g coach gun, I have tried online and can only find the Wyatt Earp at Henry krank and as much as I would like it £1300 seems a bit steep.

Does anyone know of something a little cheaper with 20 inch barrels non ejector.

Cheers Mark

Old English guns are almost being given away because of the lead ban, for example my local gun shop has over 60 in the back room and wouldn't take mine even in part exchange. Can you not pick one up dirt cheap and saw the barrel off?

13 hours ago, Geezedtee said:

24" too long then?

It's just got to be 20" for a coach gun any longer would just be wrong 😊

11 hours ago, terryh said:

Personally I'd go for a Winchester 97 pump if you could find one, allowable for CAS (or at least they were), faster to shoot and reload.

Just my 5cents

T

The pump would be nice and there is also the Winchester level action but they are both hard to find.

21 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I’m not 100% on this but I think you can have a S2 shotgun cut down by an RFD then proofed as a S1. I’ll ask a mate tomorrow who should know though!

Thank you it would be a lot cheaper as old side by sides are very cheap but I don't think it's allowed

1 hour ago, Mark II said:

Thank you it would be a lot cheaper as old side by sides are very cheap but I don't think it's allowed

Yep, sorry, I was wrong! My friend has a cheapish one as it was manufactured from the off with a less than 24” barrel.

He’s pretty sure Uberti do a coach gun - might be worth exploring.

21 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yep, sorry, I was wrong! My friend has a cheapish one as it was manufactured from the off with a less than 24” barrel.

He’s pretty sure Uberti do a coach gun - might be worth exploring.

I will have a look on uberti website, I believe the Wyatt Earp is made by pedersoli, 

On 2/24/2022 at 9:11 PM, Mark II said:

i believe you can cut them and reproof as sec 1   contact AA gunsmiths  they have done them im sure