Looking for the new Drone

Montey

As the title suggests I have two Drones the first model with the doubler and the second model x10 now I'm looking for the same clarity and simple set up but better build quality and an increase in performance as I want something for my 243 Any suggestions please?

I'm thinking Drone x15 but it means finding a good second hand one

hard to believe no one has made something better in the time the Drone was effectively discontinued.

Ive not yet been impressed with any thing from Pulsar my mates have had.

Thanks for the post with YouTube footage of the Diger 50 I believe I quickly looked at it but the link has now gone.

from memory it was looking promising I like the adjustable magnification I'll look for more footage on YouTube 

i hope it didn't get removed from here

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Drone 15x and I too have not found anything to equal it let alone better it . My Wraith 4k is a nice little unit but it lacks the legs even with a Dragonfly attached . I've never found shooting foxes at 3x or 4x any good for me and most of the new units seem to be designed with variable mag instead of just offering us a fixed 8x or 10x etc soley to do one job well .

I must point out that anyone who's not had the 15x before ... It's not a truck window job or the like as the FOV is limiting and the ideal use is for when your in a location that gives you time to see a fox approaching ...Imho

OSOK

The root cause of the problem is that no-one has built an NV scope with an objective lens close to the focal length of the lenses used on the x10 drone (108mm) and x15 Drone (160mm)

The biggest lens commonly available is the 70mm lens in the Yukon N470 (x6 magnification) or the slightly longer focal length, but much smaller aperture lens in the PARD NV008 (x6.5 base magnification) 

It's the combination of a large focal length lens and a sensor with big, and therefore sensitive, pixels that keeps the Drone pro at the top of the pile

Frankly, I don't see anyone making an NV scope with a 100mm plus objective lens any time soon

Cheers

Bruce

The problem is the camera that was used in the Drone Pro.

It used a Sony CCD sensor (ICX673) that Sony stopped making in March 2017

Stocks of that sensor lasted for a few years after production ceased, but there are now none of those sensors available new.

Cheers

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

I've been lucky and found a really good as new condition Drone 15 I'm really pleased with it I've got it on my Dolphin 223 truck rifle sighted in and ready to use. 

Im moving it to the Dolphin 243 next i always use the 223 to test with as when I move a new scope or NV it's pretty well there for zero it's cheaper and time efficient for me.

im very impressed with the performance of the Drone 15 using a lazer from Night vision store uk almost invisible.