will it fit

I have a jet-z moddy on my .243 on the side of the jet, it says .25 cal. My question is can i use it on a 6.5x284 which i am hoping to get or do i need a 30 cal mod.

Thanks Mark

I have a jet-z moddy on my .243 on the side of the jet, it says .25 cal. My question is can i use it on a 6.5x284 which i am hoping to get or do i need a 30 cal mod.

Thanks Mark

There are 2 models of Jet Z compact one .25cal for up to 25-06 rem and the other 30 cal up to 300 win mag.

In short;

Your .25cal sadly will not fit .264

ATB

Moses

Spud

If you`re in the market for a new mod take a look at the new Jetz North Star :P

Only bought this one two months a go, its just that i have put in for a 6.5x284 with my local authorities. I was wondering if the mod would fit when i gett a rifle in that calibre. I have also put in for a 6mmbr for a night sight at the same time, that should fit the moddy. But i have to get them passed yet. Fingers crossed. :)

Any body got a spare 6.5 mm bullet or even better a few different makes/weights to see if they will go. I am quite willing to pay for them

Thanks Mark

Any body got a spare 6.5 mm bullet or even better a few different makes/weights to see if they will go. I am quite willing to pay for them

Thanks Mark

They are all the same diameter mate :P

I know you probably didnt mean it that way, but I just couldnt help myself :)

Guest dasherman

DO NOT drop a bullet down a Jet-Z, unless you want to spend a couple of hours trying to get it out of the baffles. Next to impossible to remove except by breaking the bullet up.

Hi, I was in a similar predicament a while ago, I wondered if I could use my T8 on my 308 as well as the 6.5x55 that it is on at the moment,that unfortunately was not an option as the exit hole in the mod was too small.However it seems that I was most probably supplied with a up to 25 cal mod. Jackson Rifles replied

"Your T8 is not the calibre we would recommend for a 6.5x55, but it is safe to use. The reason we don't recommend it is that some gunsmiths are better at fitting T8s accurately, and there is less risk of bullet strike with a 30 cal silencer and this round. Your T8 was obviously fitted very accurately"

"That is quite an old T8 - I would have expected to see a calibre stamping, but the markings were not so comprehensive then as now.

We would normally only supply a 30 cal silencer for a 6.5x55 - the 25 cal only being suitable for up to 6.18. Perhaps someone did supply you with a 25 cal silencer.

I'm sorry that it's not suitable for your 30 cal rifle as well".

Best regards

Janet Jackson

Will just add that the mod was bought in NORWAY and not from Jackson Rifles.It has been fine,the baffles are quite eroded now (4-500rounds) but I haven't had any problems yet.PS apparently the factory says that it is safe to use with 6.5 calibre but I'm wondering if they're confusing .257"(6.5mm) and .264"(6.7mm)All I know is that mine has been ok-Toby

Hi, I was in a similar predicament a while ago, I wondered if I could use my T8 on my 308 as well as the 6.5x55 that it is on at the moment,that unfortunately was not an option as the exit hole in the mod was too small.However it seems that I was most probably supplied with a up to 25 cal mod. Jackson Rifles replied

"Your T8 is not the calibre we would recommend for a 6.5x55, but it is safe to use. The reason we don't recommend it is that some gunsmiths are better at fitting T8s accurately, and there is less risk of bullet strike with a 30 cal silencer and this round. Your T8 was obviously fitted very accurately"

"That is quite an old T8 - I would have expected to see a calibre stamping, but the markings were not so comprehensive then as now.

We would normally only supply a 30 cal silencer for a 6.5x55 - the 25 cal only being suitable for up to 6.18. Perhaps someone did supply you with a 25 cal silencer.

I'm sorry that it's not suitable for your 30 cal rifle as well".

Best regards

Janet Jackson

Will just add that the mod was bought in NORWAY and not from Jackson Rifles.It has been fine,the baffles are quite eroded now (4-500rounds) but I haven't had any problems yet.PS apparently the factory says that it is safe to use with 6.5 calibre but I'm wondering if they're confusing .257"(6.5mm) and .264"(6.7mm)All I know is that mine has been ok-Toby

thanks for reply

Mark

Archived