AICS type stock for tikkas

i could imagine it being a fairly easy job to inlet an AICS for a tikka, a sharp end mill, a vernier caliper and a couple of hours going spare?? possibly the square edged tikka actions would make it look more like an AW?? ( at a distance??) haha

im not planning on doin it, get on with the stocks my tikkas are in already!

An expensive peice of aluminium if you were to order one mind you!!

I met Pete last weekend and we talked about that stock. Apparantly it's very difficult getting parts

in from the states reliably. Roedale is investing quite a bit in getting kit manufactured locally to avoid

the long wait. I fitted one of his own made mag systems to a howa recently and thought the workmanship

of the system was excellent. I also met the chap who runs the outfit that supplies the cnc parts. I'm sure we

will see a few new things comming from this combination especially since roedale has employed two staff.

edi

I think you will know better than most, Edi, just how much a set of dies for an injection moulding machine, to make AI skins would cost ? i would have a rough guess at £100,000 ?

I take it the stocks aren,t being supplied by sporting services here then ?

Your guess could be fairly close because that bugger has a left and a right skin.

I don't know how Roedale is gonna cross that bridge but one can take a few

short-cuts when the output is not expected to be too high. This can bring tooling

costs down. For instance slides in the mould could be left away and one could mill or drill in the

skins in a seperate step later. Maybe even manual extraction out of the mould.

This all could bring a mould down to maybe £ 30000,- at a very rough guess.

No risk no fun, also for the injection moulding companys which often charge tools under cost

to get the product rolling.

edi

As I understood it Roedale are using standard AICS skins on their own milled chassis?

I can't see how the volumes can possibly be high enough to justify injection tooling.

TC

Archived