Autotrickler V4

English Rifleman

35 minutes ago, GT3_richy said:

I didn't think there was much difference in performance as far as load to load went?

Hopefully get mine next month, if anyone wants a V3 setup cheap...

I Didn't Either, I had my V3 on order when Adam Posted news about the V4, he did give me the option to have the V3 in 2 weeks or wait 3 - 4 months for the V4, and being in need of a good powder thrower, i went for the V3, well how much quicker can the new one be?

My V3 is fast but when it throws 1Gr under, it seems to take the trickler a while to finish off.

Like i said i have only seen youtube videos. But it does look damn fast.

I think i will be jealous of the V4.

1 hour ago, English Rifleman said:

I went for the V3, well how much quicker can the new one be?

My V3 is fast but when it throws 1Gr under, it seems to take the trickler a while to finish off.

I don't expect V4 to be faster. If you mess about with the slider and the tilt of the trickler body you should be able to get it to throw within 10s - you should also be able to get the autothrow to leave less than a grain to go. 

I wouldn't be too upset about getting a V3, especially when you can have it in a couple of weeks instead of probably getting on for Feb next year for a V4. I should've advertised mine before I guess!

• 3 months later...

I have V3 and V4 next to each other, the V4 is definitely nicer swapping between powders, but I've yet to get the V4 to throw as fast as the V3, just because you can tweak the V3 Autothrow to dump very close your target charge weight. Early days as I've not used them side by side much but I wouldn't be disappointed if I had a V3 that's for sure.

I'll get a V4 or wait for the V5 lol.

I honestly don't mind trickling the powder with my fingers too 0.02grs or within 1 kernal but I will still get a V4 at some point.

I charge and seat one at a time unlike what I see others do with the V3 and V4..

Charge all the cases then seat..

It's just a routine I got in..

On average it takes me about 1 minute to do 1 cartridge to seat everyone within 1 thousandth..

12 hours ago, One on top of two said:

My V4 turned up this morning . All set up and ready to go 👍

Received my V4 yesterday morning as well.  Set it up last evening and very pleased with it.

Now need to consider selling my V2 with Area419 additions, along with a V3 board...