Hello

20Tac

Hi not too far from Gatwick. how about you?

Far enough away from Gatwick :D I'm from just outside Chichester.

Your Tac20 sounds like the biz, what made you go for the Tac20 over the over .20 cals ? I'm toying with the idea of a .20 BR.

Welcome to the site mate!! :D:D

Hope you enjoy the site !!!

All the best.................

RAY............................... :ph34r::D

Far enough away from Gatwick :D I'm from just outside Chichester.

Your Tac20 sounds like the biz, what made you go for the Tac20 over the over .20 cals ? I'm toying with the idea of a .20 BR.

I had a look at most of them - the Tac 20 seems to be the best compromise. The 20 ppc looks good but especially with the 20 br if you look at todd kindlers max velocities with 40gr bullets, you get little extra velocity than the tac 20 with quite a lot more powder. I don't know about running 50s but if you're only going to run 40s then I would look at the tac 20 or 20 ppc - ask 20ppc.

I had a look at most of them - the Tac 20 seems to be the best compromise. The 20 ppc looks good but especially with the 20 br if you look at todd kindlers max velocities with 40gr bullets, you get little extra velocity than the tac 20 with quite a lot more powder. I don't know about running 50s but if you're only going to run 40s then I would look at the tac 20 or 20 ppc - ask 20ppc.

There are two reasons for my reasoning behind the 20BR, one is I will be working off a .22.250 bolt face, and secondly I'm already running a 22BR so I have the dies handy for forming brass.

I must admit I haven't looked into the 20PPC at all, perhaps I should.

I will be looking for something to push a bullet to silly speeds and of course still be accurate, I do not need a rifle to shoot 50 grain bullets as I have the 22BR for that.

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the site, how are you getting on with your load developement?

Regards,

Nick.

Hi Nick

Haven't done any more - just got a neck die though so will try some loads on once fired brass at 200 and see what it does.

Andrew

I've found Todd Kindler's data to be, shall we say, a bit ambitious! I tried a 20-250 based to a large extent on Todd's data and now think his chronograph is faulty.

• 2 weeks later...
I've found Todd Kindler's data to be, shall we say, a bit ambitious! I tried a 20-250 based to a large extent on Todd's data and now think his chronograph is faulty.

I haven't had any problems with the tac20 load data but then again it has been tested by plenty of other people. It has been beaten - somebody in the UK was getting 4500fps with 32gr bullets in a tac20 which beats his data by quite a lot.

Archived