SIS / Gardners Guns / Eskdalemuir 2K Training Facility UPDATE

hellandback

OK guys, a bit of an update for those who perhaps havent quite got the right info so far!

The main training facility 'Area 1' which goes out to 2km is currently still awaiting final planning permission, so in the meantime we have been out and surveyed additional facilities within the 31,000 acres we have to play with and have come up with Training Areas 2 thru 6. The first of these to come online under the new Police Scotland requirement of Independent Range Safety Inspection is Training Area 4, which was used this Sat 31st July for the long awaited Send It Series comp. Next to be Certficated (in the next couple of weeks) will be Training Area 3, and the combination of 3 & 4 is where the Dynamic SIS will take place on Friday 24th September, with the 'usual' SIS on Sat 25th Sept in Area 4. Training Areas 2 to 6 will be used under the 28 day rule and have been Police approved for this purpose. Details of Areas 2,5 & 6 will follow once they have been Certificated and brought online, over the next 6 months. 

With regards to the Send It Series competitions, I know a lot of you have asked for details about entries etc, however due to the recent mainstream media mania about shooting and Eskdalemuir we have decided to not advertise anything to do with the Training facility or competitions anywhere where the media may get hold of it, so no Facebook, Instagram or similar. We are happy for you guys to post, just please refrain from mentioning 'Eskdalemuir' anywhere in the text or hashtags, we really need to keep exposure to a minimum until the planning issue has been resolved. So, to get info you need to email me on helen.gardnersguns@gmail.com and bear with me for responses, i do only work part time (allegedly)! 

The competitions do tend to get booked up way in advance, I am developing an email list for those interested in the Series comps, just email me to get added (if you have been to a comp already you will be on my list, dont worry!) and after the last comp this September I will release the dates for the comps in 2022 via this forum and the email list, so pass the word around, if you want to be in it, you need to let me know in advance!! We are doing strict limits of 60 per comp next year too, but i might be persuaded to put a 5th date in the calendar if i need to?

Other than that please let me know if theres anything else you want to know, info has been slow coming and it seems like we have been treading water, but trust me, a huge amount of work has been going on behind the scenes for the last 18 months and we are fully committed to developing the finest, most diverse training facility in Europe within the next 2 years.

Fantastic news, well done for the huge amount of work you have all done 

Last weeks Comp was very challenging and a wake up call for me 

Please put me down for all next ears SIS comps 👍🏻

No planning for Clerkhill has been submitted.

The previous planning application was withdrawn on Wed 28 Apr 2021.

Police Scotland are entitled to ask for an independent assessment of range safety but it is not new, the guidance has been in place since 2006 and can be found here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/firearms

3 minutes ago, Jim DiGriz said:

No planning for Clerkhill has been submitted.

The previous planning application was withdrawn on Wed 28 Apr 2021.

Police Scotland are entitled to ask for an independent assessment of range safety but it is not new, the guidance has been in place since 2006 and can be found here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/firearms

An appeal has been lodged with the LRB regarding planning, the 'Withdrawal' notice by Dumfries and Galloway was their administration error.

And yes, the Police guidance states that  "If a force requires expert advice on range construction, the NSRA or NRA will be willing to assist or the force could engage an independent assessor of its own." but it does not state that an Independent Range Safety certification is mandatory, this was an additional hoop we had to, albeit ultimately successfully, jump through. 

3 hours ago, hellandback said:

An appeal has been lodged with the LRB regarding planning, the 'Withdrawal' notice by Dumfries and Galloway was their administration error.

And yes, the Police guidance states that  "If a force requires expert advice on range construction, the NSRA or NRA will be willing to assist or the force could engage an independent assessor of its own." but it does not state that an Independent Range Safety certification is mandatory, this was an additional hoop we had to, albeit ultimately successfully, jump through. 

All worth the effort, fantastic facility from what I could see.

16 hours ago, hellandback said:

Well done,👏👏👍

• 3 weeks later...

For the benefit of the snooping media, here is a photo with regards to the #thatbitch debate which seems to be generating some hysteria about misogyny among the population. #thatbitch is MY TAG, my call sign, my nickname, call it what you will, its MINE and i wear it with PRIDE because i am not some idiot female to be trifled with or spiral staircaseed about, I AM that bitch and if you cross me i will make your life hell. So spiral staircase right off with your segues into the horrific situation in Plymouth and your poor attempts to vilify what is a perfect respectable sport and pass time carried out safely and legally by 1000's of people throughout this country and which i am proud to be a part of. I dont remember van drivers being called into question when deluded and mentally deficient individuals decided to drive straight over innocent people in France, nor do i hear for a blanket ban on everyday knives, despite the fact that 100's of people are stabbed and killed on our streets everyday. Stop trying to make news out of nothing and concentrate on what you do actually know, which seems, by and large in the media these days, to be pretty much spiral staircase all.

With Love From #thatbitch

thatbitch.jpg