Hi all 👋, I'm looking for some advice.

I received my first fac last week.

I am in the process of building my first rifle, I have been granted a 6.5 creedmoor.

I have a couple of options in mind for which kind of rifle to get and am going to look at a few at the weekend.

What I am now asking for is moderator advice. The rifle will be used maybe 70-80% target shooting and the rest possibly out stalking.

I'd like a moderator on the lighter side if possible but if heavier is better then I can make it work.

All help is really appreciated guys, Any other questions just ask, Craig

I use an Aimsports Triton 50 on my 6.5 absolutely no complaints. 

I'm 100% targets so not worried about the weight, but it doesnt seem that heavy to me.

Asu utra  jet z compact  ( Jackson rifles ) will last you years and take everything you can throw at it weight 500 gram , stainless steel, screws on the end , NOT over barrel. 
They have replaced the mod now with and updated aluminium one , but I will go out on a limb and say it’s not going to take the hammer of a good few range days . 
I use the jet Z on my .308 / 6.5 creedmoor / .223 REM   And would say there the best mods I have had . I have 3 of them .

At £320 -£350 each they make you feel a bit faint when you buy 3 😂 but there the last mods your buy . 
really low maintenance too .

1 hour ago, One on top of two said:

Asu utra  jet z compact  ( Jackson rifles ) will last you years and take everything you can throw at it weight 500 gram , stainless steel, screws on the end , NOT over barrel. 
They have replaced the mod now with and updated aluminium one , but I will go out on a limb and say it’s not going to take the hammer of a good few range days . 
I use the jet Z on my .308 / 6.5 creedmoor / .223 REM   And would say there the best mods I have had . I have 3 of them .

At £320 -£350 each they make you feel a bit faint when you buy 3 😂 but there the last mods your buy . 
really low maintenance too .

Jet Z is a great moderator, but the Ase Utra SL7i model is lighter, quieter and stainless to boot.

Talk to Jacksons, I have 2 t8s overbarrel mods from them, whatever you decide on Jacksons are spot on people to deal with.

I use a MAE Super Compact BL all stainless steel on my .300wm AI AWSM. Lovely moddy.

Mine attaches to the muzzle brake but you can get them to attach direct to the end of the barrel.

https://www.sportingservices.co.uk/collections/rifle-suppressors/products/mae-super-compact-sound-moderator-up-to-30cal

EF6C5426-8376-4D6E-A0ED-43C9BE070BE9.png.bc3c53cf57bb3d978ae4604943d16ee2.png11E98674-8FD4-4240-8981-81C78235FDF6.jpeg.6ed70c4088322c57802b90d3f3591b69.jpegHere’s is a very good and comprehensive test on most of the best CF mods on the market 

http://new.ersg.com/reviews-and-tests

in short results for each category.

Results

Lightest (g)

• Freyr & Devik Featherweight Titanium (FW196)        – 196gr
  • DPT Muzzle can (w/o stainless baffle)                                    – 199gr
  • MaccTech V2                                                                                      – 250gr
  • Freyr & Devik Featherweight No1 (FW269)                        – 269gr
  • DPT OverBarrel (w/o stainless baffle)                                    – 260gr

Quietest (dB Decibel reduction unmoderated vs. moderated)

• Freyr & Devik Featherweight No1 (FW269)                  – 27.05 dB
  • ASE SL7i                                                                                               – 26.90 dB
  • Jet-Z Compact                                                                                   – 26.47 dB
  • Freyr & Devik F280                                                                         – 26.19 dB
  • ASE SL5i                                                                                               – 26.19 dB

Recoil Reduction (mm reduction/percentage reduction- unmoderated vs. moderated 

• MAE T12                                                                                              – 99mm/45%
  • Wildcat Predator 12                                                                        – 97mm/44.09%
  • MAE T12 Scout                                                                                  – 89mm/40.45%
  • ASE Northstar                                                                                    – 87mm/39.55%
  • MAE MiniT Bushless                                                                       – 78mm/35.45

Forward Protrusion (mm)

• Freyr & Devik Featherweight Titanium (FW196)        – 100mm
  • Wildcat Predator 8                                                                           – 100mm
  • ASE Sl5i                                                                                                 – 103mm
  • DPT Overbarrel                                                                                  – 105mm
  • MAE MiniT/ASE Northstar/Stalon W110                              – 110mm

Diameter

• MAE T12                                              – 38mm
  • MAE T12 Scout                                – 38mm
  • MAE MiniT Bushless                     – 38.1mm
  • Jet-Z                                                       – 40mm
  • Macc Tech V2                                    – 41mm