223 Build

Big shout out to Steve Kershaw for all the smithing and Dave Wylde for the excellent Cerakoteing .

I bought this originally for the action , purely with a build in mind as funds permitted . £75 saw me take possession of a shot out CZ527 , bargain ! 

Barrel  - 1 in 9 twist , 22" Sassen , Remington sporter profile. 

Bolt with extended handle ,

Trigger - Timney (for the CZ550 , not magnum ) set at 1 1/2 lb ,

Stock - Form Carro in ebony ,supplied by Davey and Son  , pillars and devcon bedding .

Cerakote by Dave,  compliments the build perfectly and the finish is flawless. 

I know I could have bought factory and this isn't the most exotic build but who cares . 

20201205_100237.jpg

20201205_100317.jpg

9 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Lovely rifle - I'm sure it will be a tack driver without the cost of a full custom rifle.

what weight bullets are you planning on shooting

Cheers ,

I had 69 grain TMK's in mind when I chose the barrel ,  just loaded some to start development . Fingers crossed for some reasonable weather .

FT

On 12/5/2020 at 3:35 AM, Fox Tales said:

Big shout out to Steve Kershaw for all the smithing and Dave Wylde for the excellent Cerakoteing .

I bought this originally for the action , purely with a build in mind as funds permitted . £75 saw me take possession of a shot out CZ527 , bargain ! 

Barrel  - 1 in 9 twist , 22" Sassen , Remington sporter profile. 

Bolt with extended handle ,

Trigger - Timney (for the CZ550 , not magnum ) set at 1 1/2 lb ,

Stock - Form Carro in ebony  , pillars and devcon bedding . 

Cerakote by Dave,  compliments the build perfectly and the finish is flawless. 

I know I could have bought factory and this isn't the most exotic build but who cares . 

20201205_100237.jpg

20201205_100317.jpg

Very nice! Should that not please you my safe has room.

1 hour ago, baldie said:

You should have sent that rail in with it. If you want it doing, give it Steve, he's down every week, and i'll do it with other stuff, no charge.

Cheer Dave , your a gent . I wasn't sure if  it would go  back on the dovetails without damaging thee finish ,  if I'm honest  . 

Nice mini mauser action, i though my 527 was a bargain 220 : (  what make is the rail ?  id prefer this to say a factory tikka t3 . Nice looking rifle . simon6ppc on tube uses the tmk in his 223 sako with great affect. Think he's the same guy on here with same name . Good luck with development i hope its a tack driver. 

On 12/14/2020 at 4:52 PM, gunner said:

Nice mini mauser action, i though my 527 was a bargain 220 : (  what make is the rail ?  id prefer this to say a factory tikka t3 . Nice looking rifle . simon6ppc on tube uses the tmk in his 223 sako with great affect. Think he's the same guy on here with same name . Good luck with development i hope its a tack driver. 

The rail is a Britannia , 10 moa . ( Off the top of my head about £85)

Looking forward to the load development , I've an OBS follower coming in case the TMKs need to be closer to the lands than max mag length will allow . All good fun .

I'll check out the tube. 

Cheers