just a scrape or bullet not expanding??

cooperman223

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/st...171541351-1.flv

I went out playing yesterday afternoon, these were playing out at 325yds, i dialed in 2min, wind was next to nothing, and got the shot,

at first i thought i had missed but when i got home and watched the vid i am not sure.

I was shooting my cooper .223 with 75gr Amax, a good bullet for good ranges.

The sound is like a hit and you can see the fur fly, but it could just be that i scraped it or the bullet not expanding and going straight through???

That looks like it was i direct strike in the stomach :o . You can see the fluff floating down after the strike. ide say bullet didnt expand.

Ads

That's what i thought. BUT if you re-play the same bit over and over you see a red patch appear on the side of the stomach as the bullet strikes. I do agree though. You would expect the bunny to have showed some sign of impact.

Ads

Well,I'm afraid I think you just caught the belly fur,and,I will quatify that by saying that if you had a direct hit,any fur would of been pushed on through the rabbit,but,as it flew up in the air,in my opinion it was just a very close miss.......sorry.I also didn't hear a gut shot,and,we all know what they sound like................Martin.

Well,I'm afraid I think you just caught the belly fur,and,I will quatify that by saying that if you had a direct hit,any fur would of been pushed on through the rabbit,but,as it flew up in the air,in my opinion it was just a very close miss.......sorry.I also didn't hear a gut shot,and,we all know what they sound like................Martin.

i agree............

at the back of the rabbit after it has moved you can see a bullet hole in the soil neally in the middle of were the rabbit was sitting ,but the camera angle is higher than the shooter was but it was a hit but not a kill so really it dont count ,,its only a kill when its at your feet and not moving ..but you did hit it, another inch higher and it would of been in bits :o still a good shot though ..

I thought a bit low, the hair that floats down looks white belly fur, it takes off exit stage left at good speed with no sign of injury,

i have shot 75amax bullets for years now in my .223 they realy do expand with any body shot, no different to vmax.

funny thing is when i looked at my data it gave 2.1moa, and i dialed in 2, with the range being 325yds and the data 300yds the .1 was critical (1/4" clicks at 100yds)

we live and learn.

The camcorder is new so it was an experement with that also, first impressions at that range is good,

its just a bit of a head scratcher to load vids :o

Thanks for the replies

john.

Ive watched it a few times using pause and play at the sound of the shot / reaction

Looks to me like the bunny rolls away from the camera at the moment of impact, the impact looks to be high shoulder / back in a fleshy bit.

I dont think its low, I think its slightly high and the fur being "thrown" vertically supports this.

If the bunny was hit low, the fur wouldnt go up as it would have a bunny on top of it :lol:

Bunny probably has a crease and hair missing at point of impact,

Just my 2p

The flying fur is white which would indicate a belly shot?

Just a thought.

Dave

I also believe it was low/belly scrape shot, if you watch it thru you can see the bullet strike hole in the ground, then watch it several times thru and plot the strike hole in relation to the rabbit, it looks low ;);)

Looking at the surrounding ground, it looks like you've had a fair bit of fun there recently ;);)

Cheers Steve

Archived