Right hand shooters with left hand actions

Woodlander

Do any right handed shooters use a left handed action in an ambidextrous stock?

Theoretically, you could maintain all critical contact with the rifle and keep your sight picture, whilst cycling the bolt, even better if using a Kahles 624/525, with LH windage, everything could be done with your free hand.  
Possibly common practice in some disciplines, just never heard of it.  

40 minutes ago, Woodlander said:

Theoretically, you could maintain all critical contact with the rifle and keep your sight picture, whilst cycling the bolt, even better if using a Kahles 624/525, with LH windage, everything could be done with your free hand.  

definitely seen left hand actions being shot right handed for the reason you mention.  

1 hour ago, Woodlander said:

Yeh, I built one - after seeing a left-hand shooter with a right-hand rifle blitz our steel-plate speed comp.  If you shoot off a bi-pod exclusively definitely the way to go - until you come to sell it!   Hard to convince RH shooters and not many lefties.......

Spent a long time shooting right handed rifles as a lefty..then went the full nine yards and bought all left handed rifles.Now realise that if you shoot most of your life off a bipod or a bench right bolt for a left handed shooter is an excellent compromise....particularly with the larger calibres ....my 338 and 300wm are both right handed rifles and I definitely do not feel awkward using them in this way.

In the unlikely event that I can afford to get a rifle built, I’d be very tempted to start with a LH action. My shooting is exclusively off a bipod/tripod and after cycling the bolt, it’s almost like starting again after every shot.  Point taken about resale value, though, if only we didn’t have the ‘need’ to chop and change so often.