WHY DO I HAVE TO KEEP LOGGING IN???????????

clivej

As the heading says. I have the "Remember Me" box checked but I still must log in if I don't visit every couple of days.

CAN THIS BE FIXED please............................................................

As the heading says. I have the "Remember Me" box checked but I still must log in if I don't visit every couple of days.

CAN THIS BE FIXED please............................................................

Do you log in from different locations ? The issued cookie seems to be specific to an IP address.

I'm assuming you have your browser set to accept cookies ? Top of your screen now, click Tools, then Internet options, then privacy to check.

TC

I have cookies set to medium

I m a member of many forums BUT UK Varminting is the only site where I have to repetely sign in to.

IT BUGS ME and I don't always bother with it for that reason.

Odd, the only time I have to log back in is if I have moved from work to home etc hence my comment on the cookie being tied to the IP address.

Unless you pay for a business account you do not get a static IP address you get to use one of a pool of IP addresses which belong to your ISP. I'm on BT and the IP address is generally static until I reset my wireless hub. Other ISP's set shorter lease times on the IP address and it may well be that your IP address has changed without any intervention from your side.

Don't let any of this fool you in to thinking I know what I am talking about, it could be completely unrelated and you are just being victimised!

TC

I dont have this isse on either the main home compet (XP) or a lap top (Vista)

However I have set the system to remember my password / log in name, so all I do is highlight the log in window and press tab, this gives me options of log in name - select the one I want and then tab - it atomatically enters the password , then press enter.

Takes twenty seconds if that.

I wold rather have to log in this way rather than be logged in all the time.

The only issue I have with the site software is first thing in the morning when it takes fooorrrevvvvverr to log in......

Been this way since ive known it.

The only other issue to the ones already stated is sometimes I log in and when I select the view new posts it tells me I am not allowed access or something.

I tried logging out and back in but the new post tab still denies me access so I can manually check all the sections or just give up and try some other time ;)

Archived