Which moderator?

1 hour ago, Shendy said:

As you know ive a one less charlie on mine. 

SL7 seem popular also.

Mind you you are getting on now so your hearing isnt what is used to be!

😂😂😂

did you manage to source some bullets in the end?

1 hour ago, markymark said:

Budget? Use? What’s important to you weight or longevity end of barrel or reflex etc. 

ASE SL7i is very effective and is my first thought but we would need to know a little bit what your looking for in a moderator. 

Haven’t got a budget, weight won’t be a issue as it’s a prone only rifle. I’ll be using it occasionally to cull Fallow bucks. It’s mostly going to be used for ELR with the brake. Just to be unsociable 😬

945EFCEA-8A3B-46A0-85FE-652BC143C186.jpeg

I have a 30 cal ase SL7 sat with my RFD for sale.  It has done next to nothing less than 30 rounds of 300 Wm.  I think the thread was 5/8x 18 Remington sendero thread.  It’s sat with Cluny country guns in fife.  I think having it retreaded is 42 quid.

great moderators but more than I needed when I went from 300 wm to 6.5 as a target rifle.

9 minutes ago, markymark said:

For that impressive rig I might be tempted with either:

ASE SL7i

Laurence Precison

MAE  moderator 

👍 yep I was leaning towards the ASE SL7i

Theres a MAE/PES compact ( bushless) for sale just down the road from me but think they are only rated to .300WM not that there’s much difference in the two calibres.

4 minutes ago, topscots1 said:

I have a 30 cal ase SL7 sat with my RFD for sale.  It has done next to nothing less than 30 rounds of 300 Wm.  I think the thread was 5/8x 18 Remington sendero thread.  It’s sat with Cluny country guns in fife.  I think having it retreaded is 42 quid.

great moderators but more than I needed when I went from 300 wm to 6.5 as a target rifle.

5/8x18 UNF?

it’s been in Cluny a while.  I was going to keep it and have it retreaded.  But more mod than I need.  I have a SL5 instead. I have it at 200 quid I think.  Give robin or Robbie a call tomorrow.  They would have it shipped down to you Monday if you want it.   I am sure it is 5/8 by 18. To had planned to use another mod I had at 5/8 by 24 which didn’t fit.

the rethreading if needed still makes the moderator a bargain.