My new AW

Nice rifle Chris, they shoot really well, although personally I find the AI stocks uncomfortable.

YEAP , I know what you mean , I like the convention stocks better for bolt actions .

BUT , I feel the other features make it the best Tactical rifle ( SWS ) out there at the moment .

Like the smooth full dia bolt , 60 degree lift , 10 shot mag , easy change barrel , etc .

In the end the pluses out weigh the negatives .

Later Chris

Chris,

Keep an eye on the sporting services site; very soon you should be seeing an AI pod-lock-equivalent that transforms the bipod from merely 'bullet-proof' into the best bipod on the market :P

The only negative on the AW is weight; other than that you now have the rifle that everyone -no matter what they say- wishes they had [with the exception of that weird Ronin fellow :rolleyes: ] :D

BD :lol::P

Had I the balls to do what I wanted with my own AW (chop the action out the stock and place it in a Manners T4A or Mac A5 I think I may well have the "ultimate rifle", but as I didnt want to take my angle grinder to a £4000 rifle I thought it best to say, " although I love you dearly, its time I changed you for something prettier"

Hmm, seems to be a similar pattern with ex girlfriends over the years too :D:rolleyes::lol::lol:

They are damn fine rifles, just damn ugly and uncomfortable (well to the ham fisted monkey that I am anyway)

Ronin ,

YOU know only Too well , you can have what you want with out chopping up a AW .

Just get one of these and drop in to a McMillan " Mc Hale " stock , use the new Tac 2 stage CG trigger and you are good to go .

Badger M2008

DSC04263.jpg

The McHale stock is in my veiw the best SWS stock out there , very over looked design , same as the Parker hale M85 .

Later Chris

Hi Tiff ,

I live in New Zealand , and I brought it in direct from Badger in the US .

Later Chris

go to ( www.badgerordnance.com ) , there are some pics there , its very similar to the way the AW action works , ie the breaching ring that the bolt locks into being sandwiched between the action & barrel .

It can be dropped in to a std glass type stock , aka Manners , McMillan etc and run bottom metal that takes the AW mags , or into a modified AICS stock , it takes a Rem 700 type trigger , it has a 60 degree lift , and has a 6 lug bolt design , similar to the Magnum AWs & the Palmermaster ?

Hi Chris, very nice rifle,

Just to wind BD up a bit.......of course the AI bipod is good....it`s a rip-off Parker Hale. Hell its taken AI 20 years to catch up with the pod lock on it though. Serious for a second....the PH lock works really well. Your still left with the pan but can lock the tilt out. Norman Clark sells the bits for 20 quid but you need a 40 quid spigot as well.

David.

David,

The new gadget is a private venture by the fellow who wound you up in CZ a while ago. It converts the existing bipod, no work required other than knocking out the split pin, fitting a new spigot and then good to go. Wish I'd invented it!

ATB

Matt

I'm not as good as F2N, but not bad for me pics show 3 consecutive 5 shot 100m groups and the top one 300m 5 shot group. The 300m was the better of 2 targets - they were pasted on as it was windy. 300m 10 ring is 5cm as a guide. From an AI 308 AWP, bipod and AI rear pod prone. Scope USO sn3.

Load is" RUAG brass 42 grains AA 2015, CCI BR primer, 155 grain Scenar, COAL 2.840"

David.

DSCN0085.jpg

Hi David, Chris

You just got to love them!!!! They just do what it says on the tin!!! So to speak,,,,

One of the loads that i use is 44g of varget, 155 scenar, lapua brass, rem 91/2 primer

oal 2.80 to the orgive, fps 2740 or there abouts,,,, This load has done 1/4" at 100yrds

The load that i am using at the moment is=

46grains of vit 140, 155 scenar, same overall lenth

fps 2960 average of five shot strings,,,

But please remember to start just a bit lower as what is safe in mine might not be in yours??? Ps, Good shooting there David,,, All the best lads,, Darrel

46grains of vit 140, 155 scenar, same overall lenth

fps 2960 average of five shot strings,,,

2.8 to ogive? That's some looooong seating :o

I'm also on 46gr n140, 155 scenar giving 2940fps. (lapua brass, fed 210M) [Rather shorter ogive length though!]

The magic AW load?!

NO , just a cheap 3 shot group to confirm the zero , It must be the Scot in me , Too tight to waste 5rds , I know it would not open up much more ,

In the end you get what you pay for in a rifle , I expect IT to be accurate & reliable .

I have some 155gr Scenars , but have not tracked down any VV 140 yet .

Later CHris

Archived