FX Impact Mk2

John MH

I've used one belonging to a friend and just bought a FAC one, but it's still with my RFD as I had to go overseas to work a few days before he got itĀ šŸ˜’

REALLY nice rifle, very accurate, highly tuneable for velocity and a pleasureĀ to use

Ā 

• 3 months later...

I have a Mk1 .25 which I have upgraded to mostly Mk2 spec.

Fantastic rifle, accurate, short, large mags, huge shot count, good trigger, picatinny rail for NV use, what is not to like.

I have had mine for about 2 years and I have not had single fault or leak, when I upgraded from an FAC Cyclone it went from probably the least used rifle in the cabinet to the most overnight.

The only thing that would currently make me think twice about investing in a new one now is the advent of the self indexing air rifle, like the Edgun Leishy 2 as I am sure that if these are not banned that FX will bring out their own version quite soon

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Aggy said:

What mods have you done ,what barrel you running?Ā 

Power plenum and MKII high cap mags are the main mods. I have also changed the shroud for a significantly quieter Hugget version. The power plenum was not easy to fit, I did it wrong a couple of times and had to take it back apart but once fitted its awesome, more power and it uses less air, fantastic.

The barrel is still the original 600mm smooth twist one, it shoots so well that I can't see the need to get an X one.

I also made a new picatinny rail for it that is much lower than the original so that the when running NV the scope is not stuck miles up in the air, this makes a huge difference when taking very close shots when ratting.

To the original posterĀ the there are onlyĀ Ā few different parts between the original impact and the Mk2Ā 

barrel can now have different liners twist rates Ā ,new system will fit mk1Ā 

larger magazine,ok for target but Imo pointless when hunting ,new system will fit mk1Ā 

larger gauges ,new ones will fit mk1Ā 

larger regulator ,not really necessary

larger plenum ,probably get swapped for the new power plenum anyway more power more shots less air .

the reason I like mine is they are so flexible If you like to tinker and change this you will love the impactĀ 

mickĀ 1E4B9A70-5336-4FF7-B18C-3FD17F645ED9.thumb.jpeg.d63d6566005cd3ec0921671a4c5fa821.jpeg

6 hours ago, AnthonyR said:

Power plenum and MKII high cap mags are the main mods. I have also changed the shroud for a significantly quieter Hugget version. The power plenum was not easy to fit, I did it wrong a couple of times and had to take it back apart but once fitted its awesome, more power and it uses less air, fantastic.

The barrel is still the original 600mm smooth twist one, it shoots so well that I can't see the need to get an X one.

I also made a new picatinny rail for it that is much lower than the original so that the when running NV the scope is not stuck miles up in the air, this makes a huge difference when taking very close shots when ratting.

You got a photo ?Ā 

Had a N355 when they came out ,from the outside most of the pulsar stuff looks very similar, only looked through thermal a couple of times and itā€™s just next level but silly expensive .

It is indeed a Pulsar Trail XQ50 LRF

Thermal is the way forward for rat shooting, it just beats any other type of scopeĀ hands down.

I disagree abut the the mega mags not being good for hunting, they are fantastic, 28 shots without having to reload is the way forward.