Wildcat Evolution not primarily for range use?

I'm thinking about a Wildcat Evolution for my 308 but was advised by them to get the Predator 12 as the Evolution wouldn't perform as well, or may deteriorate quicker, through heavy range use. I was told the Evo was more lightweight for stalking. 

Has anyone had any experience of this? 

I am told the Evolution has a 25mm internal diameter tube, so should contain my 20.8mm outside diameter barrel? 

Or do I just look for a ASE Utra Jet-Z Compact again? 

Can I suggest you contact Alison at Wildcat. A very friendly lady who'll let you know everything you need to know.

BTW. I have a Predator 12 on my .308 and I rate it highly.

All the best.

2 hours ago, ezmobile said:

Can I suggest you contact Alison at Wildcat. A very friendly lady who'll let you know everything you need to know.

BTW. I have a Predator 12 on my .308 and I rate it highly.

All the best.

I believe it was Alison I spoke to who advised me against the Evo for range use, said to go for the Pred 8

Hi Oly I have an Evo on my 308, and I have no problem using for range use. You do need the neoprene cover otherwise the heat haze is bad as it does get pretty warm on a 10 shot String. I do take advantage of the strippability of the unit and clean it regularly using an ultrasound unit. I use O ring grease on the O rings, and Copaslip on all the threads. The modularity of the unit is great, I have a spare baffle unit to use it on my 223 - two moderators for 1.3 x the price of one! ( both rifles have the same barrel thread 18x1)

Miseryguts (Stir crazy in wet Monmouthshire)