223 load Vihtavuori N135 or n130

ukhornet

In that case, n133 max will give you 3400fps whereas n130 max load will give you 3300fps, according to my old hornady loading book with a 1in 12 twist 26"barrell, but which one will be more accurate for your rifle !!!!?

ukhornet

How accurate is 50g Vmax out of a 1:12?......regardless of powder choice and, if that Vmax prints inconsistently, you'll probably have better results with the 50g Spire Point (Hornady) ..it's a shorter pill than the Vmax, which will most likely be more stable for the 1:12

https://www.hornady.com/bullets/rifle/22-cal-224-50-gr-sp#!/

atb

I am using Vihtavuori N140 (25grs)  in my Remington 700 (.223) with Lapua bullets (69gr), this equates to 2811 ft/s. It seems a very accurate load. Load works fine in my rifle, unsure about others.

https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading-data/rifle-reloading/?cartridge=7

On 2/16/2020 at 11:40 PM, geek said:

I am using Vihtavuori N140 (25grs)  in my Remington 700 (.223) with Lapua bullets (69gr), this equates to 2811 ft/s. It seems a very accurate load. Load works fine in my rifle, unsure about others.

https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading-data/rifle-reloading/?cartridge=7

I use 24.5gr  N140 using 69gr Sierra tipped match kings out of my Ruger Predator, happy with results sub MOA at 100 meters, also good fox load !

I tried everything from N110 to N150 and found that N133 was the best powder across all loads for my 1..9 Twist .223. I used to get the best and most consistent performance from Benchmark and H322, but changed to Vhit powders for availability.

Just my experience with my rifle but,,,

40Grn bullets run well with N110 or N120 if it is all you can get.

50Grn will run with N130 and N133.

55Grn and over run well with N133 and reasonably well with N140

60Grn and above I run with N140 and have tried N150 which worked surprisingly well.

I recently used my last 52Grn V Max, which I ran with N133,  but have always used the 52Grn SMK with N133 as the benchmark.

If you really want to stay with N133 I have a full unopened tub which I could part with.

i have been using N133 with great effect for the past cpl years but i cant find it anyway local at all now

i've been looking for the last 3 months but all i can find is Vihtavuori N135 or n130or

and yes i would like to stay with N133 if i can find somewhere local that sells it that is.?

I've been using N135 for my Tikka T3 1 in 8 for numerous years.

I haven't got the COAL, but the bullet was only a few thou from the lands.

The load was N135 at 25.1 grains, Fed Gold primer, Lapua brass, and a 55 grain Hornady V-Max. And got 3250 fps.

Suits me, may not suit others.

Good luck!

Chaz.