6.5x55 custom built rifle.

Built by the talented & well respected Bob Harvey formally of Bailons of Birmingham.His workshop is now at Garlands shooting ground at Tamworth. Caliber is the popular 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser.Considering this rifle was built in the early 70's it is in very good condition & has not seen a lot of use, However there are a few small marks here and there. The rifle is built around a Mauser 98 action which is bedded and screw cut 1/2" its fitted with a  Khales 3-12x50 scope in 1inch Apel swing off mounts and a spare set of rings,it has a Timney Trigger fitted and a detachable magazine. I still have the original floor plate and twin triggers to go with it. A butterknife bolt handle, detachable magazine,  subtle engraving, crisp checkering, nice padded leather sling and quick release swivels.

I want £800 for the lot or £500 for the rifle.

cheers Steve

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pics added

Hopefully better day tomorrow and can take some outside.

anybody interested I can mail them pics from three years ago when I bought it with original  double trigger and bottom plate.

Only reason for sale is to get a 6.5x55 barrel etc for my Blaser.

Steve.

Excellent kit, and Brit, too!!.................but a bit too "modern" for me..................I've only just said goodbye to my last valve amp.

What speakers do you have? (Please bear with us, moderator.)

Pete

12 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

Excellent kit, and Brit, too!!.................but a bit too "modern" for me..................I've only just said goodbye to my last valve amp.

What speakers do you have? (Please bear with us, moderator.)

Pete

SLi 600is  but still have my 44s bought new in1975 £125. They are in their original boxes in the attic. My son (bless him ) had a party and blew the tweeters, one day I will restore them. My mate has some Studio 66 monitors he doesn't use but no way will he part with them.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...