Sourcing projectiles

ofrn

Depends what you mean by "local" RFD................the nearest two don't keep the stuff I use, and frankly, I'm not prepared to wait while a "special order" grinds through the system, let alone paying more than I have to for it.

Pete

My nearest RFD/shop sells firearms, ammunition and fishing tackle.  Last year, not long afer buyng my No.4, I fancied a range day but didn't have the dies for that calubre yet.  I 'phoned the RFD and asked if he had any .303 in stock.

His comment was "no idea what that is mate, we don't sell it".

I've not been near the place since.

6 minutes ago, Plecotus said:

My nearest RFD/shop sells firearms, ammunition and fishing tackle.  Last year, not long afer buyng my No.4, I fancied a range day but didn't have the dies for that calubre yet.  I 'phoned the RFD and asked if he had any .303 in stock.

His comment was "no idea what that is mate, we don't sell it".

I've not been near the place since.

You should have called spud☺

Just now, Bob57 said:

You should have called spud☺

I do, frequently, and am just about to do so again.  Trouble is, he's not exactly local and you know what it's like when you want ot play with your new toy NOW NOW NOW. 

I've got a branch of SGC not too far away.  HPS, New Avon Arms and Dauntsey are within an hour's drive and they are all excellent.  The one I mentioned is much closer than any of those but his comment about .303 doesn't really inspire confidence.