FL & neck sized powder charge query

Stumpy

Hi, 

done a little bit of reloading for 243 over the years but have always full length resized, had a go at neck sizing some cases and before I load the rounds up I began to wonder will I have to develop a new powder charge or can I stick with my existing powder weight? 

Cases are once fired in the rifle I am loading for, primer, powder type and bullet make/weight the same as my existing accurate load.

thanks for any guidance in advance 

Stumpy

23 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Hi, 

done a little bit of reloading for 243 over the years but have always full length resized, had a go at neck sizing some cases and before I load the rounds up I began to wonder will I have to develop a new powder charge or can I stick with my existing powder weight? 

Cases are once fired in the rifle I am loading for, primer, powder type and bullet make/weight the same as my existing accurate load.

thanks for any guidance in advance 

Stumpy

The cases can only be slightly bigger so as long as you seat the same COAL I can't see any problem for you to load as usual and test.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:10 PM, Popsbengo said:

The cases can only be slightly bigger so as long as you seat the same COAL I can't see any problem for you to load as usual and test.

That was my thinking too, but always better to hear it from someone else 👍🏻

On 3/25/2019 at 3:56 PM, Andrew said:

And you changed it? Oh my!🙂~Andrew

Just experimenting.... If it improves things great, if not I still have an accurate load to fall back on 😀

Archived