It's a start,and,it made my week..............

Guest martin

I went out last night with my brother-in-law,I took the rimfire,but,I had a lot of trepidation because I hadn't even looked through a scope since my stroke.I have been VERY worried that it would have a permanent effect on what I love to do(shoot),but,luckily I had nothing to worry about,as,my good eye was definitely in......................

IMG_1360.jpg

My brother-in-law had one,and,he allowed me to take the rest,and,I was over the moon(understatement)with how I shot,all headshots to boot.As I still am not allowed to drive I obviously need someone to take me out,and,I have been out with a chap from another site who I took out onto a bit of permission I have to see if he could get on a Doe,but,unfortunately none showed(very rare not to show on this piece of land),and,I have a chap(a real gent) from this site (if all goes well)taking me out foxing Saturday night,so,I am really looking forward to that I can tell you.

The worst part about having had this stroke is that I feel fine in myself,but,my eyesight just doesn't seem to be getting any better,and,obviously that has a direct impact on my driving.But,I must stay positive,and,still feel that it will get better.

A few bunnies might not set your world on fire,but,to me it was a massive corner to turn,and,I was smiling all night long,and,still am........................hope to post something else after Saturday night..........martin

Good for you, glad to see your getting out. These things take time to heal but the main thing is to keep mentally strong, sounds like you've got some good relatives and mates to support you.

Keep the post coming.

Cheers

Neil

Good to read that you are on the mend.

Getting your driving license back can be quite a struggle. It took my mate 2 years, apparently the DVLC medical review panel are a law unto themselves.

Best wishes

J

Guest varmartin

Shooting a few bunnies will never be sniffed at Martin...as that is where we all started in this fantastic sport of ours...

It great to hear your out and enjoying your self again and fingers crossed your eye sight will keep improving. ;)

I personaly have never had so much fun as when out bunnie bashing....keep it up fella.

Martin

You ever need someone to get you out, drop me a PM, probably can only do weekends but I got the gear so let me know if I can help. I'm in wilts so not far.

OA

I certainly will do OA,thanks very much for the offer mate,whereabouts in Wilts are you based(roughly).I am between Bath and Chippenham.............martin.

Archived