IMR 4350 alternative

Twinpot

First and foremost hello to all.  I shoot and reload 223 and 243.  I use IMR 4350 to reload the 243 and have achieved fantastic results, shooting 1 ragged hole at 100yds using

34g 4350 - sierra 85g spitzer sp - Fiochi primer - COL 2.622 - 3070fps 

I am now down to my last few throws of powder and cannot seem to source a fresh tub anywhere. I am hoping I can call on those more experienced that could suggest an alternate powder.   The 85g spitzer works very well for me, so I would like to keep using the same pill.   I use Vit N133 for my pet loads with the 223 and have plenty of it, so I don’t need a powder to load both calibres i.e Vit N140.  I believe that the IMR is a slow burning, single extruded powder ( I could be wrong) and would be pleased to learn of a similar powder without having to purchase lots of different brands to find one to suit.   

Many thanks in advance

RS 62 in a 243 is NOT the best , I have tested the crap out of it , 

if you going to use Reload Swiss powders for the .243 then RS 52 is the way to go .

you could use RS 60 but it will kill your barrel . 

Take a look at the chart for Swiss powders and your see RS52 or RS 60 

http://www.propellants.co.uk/powder-chart.html

8 hours ago, drum said:

Ive had good success with lovex so70 which used to be known as aa4350 i believe,in 243,might be a little bulkier than imr 4350 though.

I am also  using SO70 being marketed here as "Shooter's World SW 4350" It is a little slower than IMR 4350 but my groups from the 6.5 Creedmoor have been outstanding. I buy it by the 8 pound keg.~Andrew

Archived