Which RWS powder ?

ezmobile

Just wondering if anyone out there knows which powder RWS use in their .223 cal 55 grain soft point rounds? I'm suspecting its Rottweil R901 / R902. 

I've looked all over the interweb and can't find out anything - and whatever it is, is there a Vitavhouri equivalent? (N130 - N133?)

Many thanks.

You can get RWS reloading data from the link below, choosing the 'Daten' (data in English) tag, submitting your details and clicking on the box saying 'Absender' (send in English).

https://rws-munition.de/rws-jagd-bereich/service/kapitel-1-bis-9.html

You'll be presented with two documents 'Kapitel 5: Wiederladedaten für Büchsenpatronen' (in English Chapter 5: Reloading data for rifle cartridges) and 'Kapitel 7: Wiederladedaten für Kurzwaffenpatronen bzw. Patronen für Faustfeuerwaffen' (in English Chapter 7: Reloading data for handguns or cartridges for handguns). You will require Chapter 5.

The rest of the reloading manual can be found on the first page 'Informationen' (Information). It's all in German, but as they are PDF you can always use Google translate.

They don't actually list R901 for use with 55 grain bullets, the max weight listed being 52/53 grain with that powder. They do list R902 for the 55 grain soft point, the charge weight minimum 24 grains, the max 25 grains.

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2018 at 9:12 PM, Moorlander said:

All he needs to do now is drive to Germany and hope they allow him back on the ferry with it  🙄

Didn't want to buy some, just wanted to know what was in the rounds I pulled.

Archived