£1200 HALL BR RIFLE,DIES,BRASS,REAMERS.

9 minutes ago, Lever357 said:

Good lord, that's unbelievable - finds the one person in the country who is willing to buy it after two years - then changes his mind!!!!!

2 years ago I needed the money. .today I don't need to give it away at a dropped down bargain basement price to someone who tells me that he is an RFD and would like to stock it on his shelf but is really buying it for himself. 

Ewen is a really nice straight bloke, your gun is a fairly old calibre and not in fashion so the barrel and reamer has little value, the action is not a common one so spares maybe awkward to source if needed and the stock is a short benchrest stock and Vince has already stated that discipline is nearly dead in the UK. A gun is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You will probably never get another offer for this weapon and reading through this thread this has been pointed out to you by other people. If you did not want to sell it at the price stated you should have taken it down. and what the buyer wants to do with it is not really your concern once you have your cash. I know Ewen well and if anyone here is at fault it is not him.

Absolutely , how easy would it have been to just say sorry mate decided not to sell as don't need the cash now, sorry for mucking you about , I will buy you a pint when I meet you in the pub rather than having a bit of a dig.

15 hours ago, justin credible said:

Sounds a strange decision after being for sale for a year and a recent price drop.

Did I miss something? the last price drop/bump I can see is a year ago?