Double rifle sling

sam39

My rifle is cumbersome when slung on my shoulder. Muzzle down is too close to the ground, normal way is top heavy due to mounting point and weight of mod / bi pod it just slides to the horizontal.

is a double sling the answer ? If so any recommendation ?

thanks Sam

48 minutes ago, Akeld said:

Fit side mounted sling swivels and use an SA80 sling, very versatile bit of kit

Hello hope you are well.

i understand that side mounted would be better but would it work “rucksack style” on original mounting points? 

16 minutes ago, drum said:

The z-aim slings work well.

Just seen a demo on u tube that looks exactly what I am after ! Not too expensive perfect thank you very much 

Couldn't really get on with the z-aim, I have a Seeland sling that unzips to turn it into a biathlon sling and works surprisingly well. Niggeloh make a number of interesting slings, the Titans are really comfortable.

19 hours ago, GT3_richy said:

Couldn't really get on with the z-aim, I have a Seeland sling that unzips to turn it into a biathlon sling and works surprisingly well. Niggeloh make a number of interesting slings, the Titans are really comfortable.

Z aim looked the answer . Now I know these chaps on you tube are trying to sell them but what were the issues? It’s appeal  was it looked like it held the rifle firm in the required position and was quick to release for a shot?

Couldn't stop it from flapping about, the strap that goes across the body never stayed put - started at hip-ish height and crawled up my side until it basically did nothing to keep the rifle on the other shoulder. To get it to work it needed pulling so tight that it was practically starting under my arm pit, which was terrible to wear.

In this video the bloke has a rucksack that helps keep it in place lower on the body, when he jiggles about it still looks like it would come off his shoulder if he didnt stop. I'm pretty scrawny so may be they work better on someone with a bit more flesh or if you're wearing a lot. They seem fairly popular so they must work for some no problem.

Yes I can see what you mean, it looks like the secondary strap should connect lower down to the main strap to stop it riding up under the arm pit

On 10/4/2018 at 10:26 AM, sam39 said:

May I ask if you use this and like it?

It’s ok, by no means perfect. I don’t have many to compare it with to be honest. I have a tab gear sling also. 

The negatives with of a more conventional sling when kneeling / bending down or changing direction the sling can slip over / off the shoulder. I also wanted something more comfortable when walking with the rifle. Double strap definitely helps this. I also didn’t want a true biathlon sling. I’ve never used the z-aim or sealand sling. If people complain about the z-aim riding underneath the armpit this doesn’t happen with the 3HGR because it connects lower down. (Also can choose wear this clip sits)

I’ve got the light harness, as I didn’t see a need to wrap it around a tree. This can be had for around £44 which isn’t too bad. I don’t think it’s worth too much more, wouldn’t be good value if paid £70 for it. 

Negative that it has no rapid adjust system to it, so when wearing different thicknesses of clothing you have to adjust it manually which is annoying if you want a snug fit. Equally you need to make sure the clips are 100% clipped in. Once in they are fine, but you can clip it in thinking it’s secure, when one side hasn’t locked in and can come undone. 

Forvthe light harness, only comes with QD sling swivel stud attachments. You can buy there other line of sligs with QD cups if needed, but you if wanted the light sling you would have to change these out yourself which could be seen as a negative.

Hope that’s of any help?

9 hours ago, markymark said:

It’s ok, by no means perfect. I don’t have many to compare it with to be honest. I have a tab gear sling also. 

The negatives with of a more conventional sling when kneeling / bending down or changing direction the sling can slip over / off the shoulder. I also wanted something more comfortable when walking with the rifle. Double strap definitely helps this. I also didn’t want a true biathlon sling. I’ve never used the z-aim or sealand sling. If people complain about the z-aim riding underneath the armpit this doesn’t happen with the 3HGR because it connects lower down. (Also can choose wear this clip sits)

I’ve got the light harness, as I didn’t see a need to wrap it around a tree. This can be had for around £44 which isn’t too bad. I don’t think it’s worth too much more, wouldn’t be good value if paid £70 for it. 

Negative that it has no rapid adjust system to it, so when wearing different thicknesses of clothing you have to adjust it manually which is annoying if you want a snug fit. Equally you need to make sure the clips are 100% clipped in. Once in they are fine, but you can clip it in thinking it’s secure, when one side hasn’t locked in and can come undone. 

Forvthe light harness, only comes with QD sling swivel stud attachments. You can buy there other line of sligs with QD cups if needed, but you if wanted the light sling you would have to change these out yourself which could be seen as a negative.

Hope that’s of any help?

Thank you for taking the time for that detailed reply it is much appreciated as there seems to be no clear winner. Also reminding me that I have managed for a few years without needing to wrap my sling around a tree! The sticks are fine.

thank you

Archived