Borden BRM - 6BRA

Big Al

This will be my next benchrest rifle for 600 & 1000yds

The action is a beautifully timed Borden BRM - right bolt, left feed, right micro-eject, 20 MOA rail. The barrel is a Bartlein 8 twist chambered in 6BRA, its 28" long with a 0.9" muzzle with my own brake. The trigger is a Bix & Andy 2oz benchrest model and its all sat in a prototype 42" Long Dog v2 stock. This set-up will make benchrest light gun with most scopes. 

Once the action has been bedded and the barrel tested I will send the stock away for a nice high gloss finish of some kind, maybe a candy colour metallic, haven't decided on that just yet.

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

8 hours ago, The Gun Pimp said:

Glad it's finished.  It'd look nice with just a Hydrographics high gloss finish Al.

Not quite finished yet Vince, Ive still got to bed it and sort a load as well as getting the stock done.

Ive been looking at the different colour cars on the road today and Im thinking something subtle and understated might suit my personality - bright red maybe ;)

3 hours ago, pengo said:

Is this your lighter,  wooden creation, Alan? 

And will we be seeing it soon? ?

Yes Paul, the stock will make light gun with an appropriate barrel profile.

Ive no idea when it will see a competition, it just depends on when I get the time and conditions to do a load, hopefully sooner rather than later though.

Hi Al, 

if you can wait a couple of weeks , you can have a look a silver carbon fiber with candy red over it ,

its at hydro graphics at the moment, same action as yours but in 6 br.

1 hour ago, 1sakonut said:

Hi Al, 

if you can wait a couple of weeks , you can have a look a silver carbon fiber with candy red over it ,

its at hydro graphics at the moment, same action as yours but in 6 br.

I guess with rifles like these we hope they are quite individual, it would be a shame to copy yours but it will be interesting to see it.

Archived