Brass buildup in bushing die

Brushy

Can anyone advise on this interesting issue I came across today?

I've just neck sized and very slightly shoulder bumped roughly 120 once fired lapua 308 brass using a Forster bushing neck sizing die. After 50 or so cases I noticed a slight scratch / scrape mark on the necks.

I opened the die expecting to see a brass shaving but nothing obvious. However upon inspection of the bushing I came across fairly significant brass buildup which i suspect is the cause.

So the question is:

How can I and should I clean the bushing to remove the brass transferred during the sizing process?

Advice please!

post-13122-0-66413900-1495215462_thumb.jpg

post-13122-0-36725000-1495215480_thumb.jpg

Yep - common enough - bronze bore brush in an electric drill will remove it.

When you roll the cases on a lube pad prior to re-sizing, the neck doesn't get any lube. To stop it happening again, just rub a little lube over the neck.

Yep - common enough - bronze bore brush in an electric drill will remove it.

When you roll the cases on a lube pad prior to re-sizing, the neck doesn't get any lube. To stop it happening again, just rub a little lube over the neck.

Or use spray lube

Or use spray lube

Be a miserable git and make your own - get on amazon and buy some lanolin, and some isopropnal, mix a little lanolin with a lot of iso in a spray bottle, shake, dump brass into an empty powder tub, couple of sqooshes of lube, lid on, shake....job done.

Be a miserable git and make your own - get on amazon and buy some lanolin, and some isopropnal, mix a little lanolin with a lot of iso in a spray bottle, shake, dump brass into an empty powder tub, couple of sqooshes of lube, lid on, shake....job done.

I do.....

7EB5605F-C678-4B11-A6AA-16EBB1A7EBE7_zps

Good man.

I cringe when I see shooting comrades paying lord knows how much for the stuff.....

Good man.

I cringe when I see shooting comrades paying lord knows how much for the stuff.....

A few sprays of this has just helped me size 5000 .223 cases in the Dillon

Archived