Lawton action [thanks Col48]

20'' 1-12 lilja barrel

Bowers custom sleeve over mod

Gary cane stock

Williams precision floor plate and trigger guard

badger rings

all toped off with a 5.5-22x56 nightforce scope [NP-2DD ret.]

Looks a stunning rifle.

The practical is not that much different to the tactical, just a difference in shoulder angle.

Could be worth trying Vit N133 and 40 Vmax as they are stunning performers in Craigs, Dashermans and my TAC.20

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Dave

thanks for the comments guys,just been setting up the dies and measuring the chamber length,made some dummy rounds with 32grn vmax,40vmax and 39grn blitzkings all touching the lands,the 40's seem to seat very deep in the case much deeper than the other two bullets even to the point of taking up to much boiler room space.

That is one lovelly bit of kit, what does she weigh?.

The american sites mostly suggest that the 39 gr Sierra performs more accuratly than the 40 gr VMAX. There is a review on a similar Bowers rifle in 20PPC here;

http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/guns/99115/...fle_review.html

Do you have any web site/contact details for Gary Cane?.

A

Thats a beautiful piece of kit there pnse!!!! :D:P

I shall look forward to hear how she shoots too!!!!

Thanks for sharing and all the best.........................

RAY....................................... :mad::blush:

That is one lovelly bit of kit, what does she weigh?.

The american sites mostly suggest that the 39 gr Sierra performs more accuratly than the 40 gr VMAX. There is a review on a similar Bowers rifle in 20PPC here;

http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/guns/99115/...fle_review.html

Do you have any web site/contact details for Gary Cane?.

A

the rifle weighs about 11.5lbs,it is quite a heavy rifle but it's been built to be shot off the top of a land rover hopefully I'll get her up and running this weekend[if it ever stops pissing down]

these are the details that i have for Gary Cane

Tech-Wood designs ltd

Unit B/Hill Farm, Castle Acre Road, Great Dunham, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 2LP

Phone: 01760 755505, he is hard to get hold of and does take a long time to build you a stock but there is nobody out there that can make a stock like Gary

the rifle in the link is owned by 20ppc[nick] on this site

ATB Paul

Hi Paul,

Very nice, I am very sure it will shoot as well as it looks!!. I have found that the 39 Blitzkings shoot alot better than the V max in my rifle, they just seem more consistant. I've started using one of Julians Extreme PES mods which is superb in terms of sound suppression but as it is muzzle mounted I had my barrel cut down to 16". I chronoed it last week and was very pleasantly surprised that the 39gr were averaging 3870fps which is only 60fps less than at 22".

All the bset,

Nick.

Hi Paul,

Very nice, I am very sure it will shoot as well as it looks!!. I have found that the 39 Blitzkings shoot alot better than the V max in my rifle, they just seem more consistant. I've started using one of Julians Extreme PES mods which is superb in terms of sound suppression but as it is muzzle mounted I had my barrel cut down to 16". I chronoed it last week and was very pleasantly surprised that the 39gr were averaging 3870fps which is only 60fps less than at 22".

All the bset,

Nick.

hello Nick,Steve has reworked the internals of his mods and this one is much quieter than the last one he made for me.

ATB Paul

the rifle weighs about 11.5lbs,it is quite a heavy rifle but it's been built to be shot off the top of a land rover hopefully I'll get her up and running this weekend[if it ever stops pissing down]

these are the details that i have for Gary Cane

Tech-Wood designs ltd

Unit B/Hill Farm, Castle Acre Road, Great Dunham, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 2LP

Phone: 01760 755505, he is hard to get hold of and does take a long time to build you a stock but there is nobody out there that can make a stock like Gary

the rifle in the link is owned by 20ppc[nick] on this site

ATB Paul

Thanks for the info, 20PPC is pretty close to me so at some point I might get to drool over his.

A

Any time you want, just PM me and we will sort something out,

All the best,

Nick.

We will put together another plate shoot with Chris,Ian and maybe a few others in a couple of weeks, I am presently up to my backside with a house refurb. Think the stock for my 20BR when it ever arrives may want some mods or replacing. Certainly it wont be as nice as yours.

A

Archived