Die sets for creedmoor Lapua Small flash hole brass

Boydy47

Just wonder which dies come with a decapping pin suitable for the new Lapua small flash hole (1.5 mm Ø) brass?

Most calibres I currently load for I use Lee dies but these will be too big for the flash holes.

Original plan was a second 6.5 x 55 for target but not much available in a 24" varmint in my price range is a tikka varmint and they're on a 6 month wait, I'm impatient so changed for a creedmoor as there is greater choice out there off the shelf.

Place lee decaping pin in pillar drill. spin some metal off with a small file until pin fits small primer hole. :D Or loosen up yr purse strings and buy some redding dies from the ever helpful and all round good bloke that Spud is!

Place lee decaping pin in pillar drill. spin some metal off with a small file until pin fits small primer hole. :D Or loosen up yr purse strings and buy some redding dies from the ever helpful and all round good bloke that Spud is!

200px-Bot%C3%B3n_Me_gusta.svg.png

Right ordered the lee dies from Spud as I'm on a budget after buying the rifle, and I like lee dies!

Spud - i couldn't see the case length gauge to order with the dies, if you have them in stock could you add one to the order and let me know please ?

did you order lee or redding as we have sold 8 sets in last 24 hours so not sure which are yours?

did you order lee or redding as we have sold 8 sets in last 24 hours so not sure which are yours?

Sorry I've been Away.

It was the lee ultimate 4 die set coming to Wiltshire, I did put a note with the order on the online form ref the case trimmer with my username against it.

guys

how do you ever get the lee recapping pins out of the die??

I have no probe with the Redding ones from spud but all my lee recapping pins in the FL sizing dies from .38spl, through 223 to 308 are seized solid

am I doing something wrong here?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived