Logging unsaved or 'disappeared' Posts

brown dog

There seems to be an enduring theme that a bunch of sensible people believe posts they've made have disappeared randomly.

Personally, I've never experienced this and have been a little circumspect as to whether people have actually been having finger trouble or some such, but, with enough sensible people now mentioning the issue, I've worked through the admin and mod logs and it appears that disappearances are indeed occurring that do not show in the logs - ie without human or recorded system (such as spam) intervention.

I'd like to build a log of such events in order that I have some data with which to approach the board providers.

Anyone making a post that they have seen actually appear in the board, but believe has subsequently disappeared is asked to log the following info in this thread:

(No narrative, just the 5 point list of info, please!)

1. Date and approx time of post.

2. Topic title.

3. Device type and make used to post (mobile/tablet/chromebook/laptop samsung/apple/ etc)

4. Browser in use when posting (Chrome / IE / firefox etc)

5. Internet provider.

(I'd just ask people to note, this is based on the cumulative reporting of sensible people who've made sensible posts, and this possible issue is being treated quite separately to the infrequent, but boringly routine, removal of ignorant, e-argumentative, e-aggressive or disrespectful posts that we have to make in order to maintain UKV's grown-up, friendly, informed and respectful ethos - which will continue).

Well not sure how I do that unless I log every post I make elsewhere as the point is the posts disappear. Also hard to say how often it happens as who goes back and reads there own posts all the time ?

So..

1. If you look at the RPR thread there are a chunk of posts missing between 4 and 7th Nov.

I made a post on or around the 4/5th asking how the price of a tricked up RPR compared to an AIAT and there were a number of replies, all of which have now gone.

2. RPR

3. Mac Laptop

4. Safari

5. TalkTalk

To help people keep track would it not be a good idea to ensure that posts deleted by moderators are marked as deleted and made unreadable but still remain in place. Some of the losses might be because they are lnked to posts that are deleted.

David.

Is there an IP Board Forum?

I would expect there will be, you could discuss this with other IP Board Admins, it could be a common problem with a solution.

Might save you a lot of time collating info here.

Tried those a few times over the years - geeks fascinated by board software answering geeks with the same fascination.

Well not sure how I do that unless I log every post I make elsewhere as the point is the posts disappear. Also hard to say how often it happens as who goes back and reads there own posts all the time ?

So..

1. If you look at the RPR thread there are a chunk of posts missing between 4 and 7th Nov.

I made a post on or around the 4/5th asking how the price of a tricked up RPR compared to an AIAT and there were a number of replies, all of which have now gone.

2. RPR

3. Mac Laptop

4. Safari

5. TalkTalk

This is one of my missing post, since I offered a response:

1) just before my post of 07 November 2016 - 12:52 AM

2) Ruger Precision Rifle Updated

3) Desktop

4) Microsoft Edge

5) Sky

Archived