Sinclair Gen 2 neck expander die

Xtrema

Anyone know where i can get hold of one of the above plus mandrels?

I'm after the one with the 'O' ring so the mandrel floats.

I can only find them on Brownells and they take forever to deliver to the UK.

Anyone know where i can get hold of one of the above plus mandrels?

I'm after the one with the 'O' ring so the mandrel floats.

I can only find them on Brownells and they take forever to deliver to the UK.

Sinclair International? www.sinclairintl.com

The GenII expander dies with the O ring were about $30,and turning or expanding mandrels $10 (steel);$50 (carbide)

Sinclair service used to be good,but you might try Spud (on here) or whatever UK supplier might be recommended (Reloading Solutions Direct are always helpful).

Neil-they enable a correct fit of the case neck on the neck turning mandrel,aiding accurate ,easy neck turning.They can also iron out dings in the necks,setting consistent neck size for more uniform bullet tension;or neck up cases one caliber at a time.

gbal

Spud doesn't have any. You have to hand it to Mark though, he always gets back very quickly following an enquiry.

No answer from Reloading Solutions and i should imagine Sinclair International suffer long delivery times as Brownells do.

I have found that using a expander mandrel after using a bushing die and case trimming to give more consistent neck tension.

I can imagine much the same would be achieved with a Redding S type sizing die.

Sinclair International? www.sinclairintl.com

The GenII expander dies with the O ring were about $30,and turning or expanding mandrels $10 (steel);$50 (carbide)

Sinclair service used to be good,but you might try Spud (on here) or whatever UK supplier might be recommended (Reloading Solutions Direct are always helpful).

Neil-they enable a correct fit of the case neck on the neck turning mandrel,aiding accurate ,easy neck turning.They can also iron out dings in the necks,setting consistent neck size for more uniform bullet tension;or neck up cases one caliber at a time.

gbal

Sinclair are now sadly Brownells.

• 3 weeks later...

I have found that using a expander mandrel after using a bushing die and case trimming to give more consistent neck tension.

I can imagine much the same would be achieved with a Redding S type sizing die.

I currently use an expander die before neck turning taking off high spots only then use a redding competition neck bushing die to size necks before seating however i wonder for bumping shoulder & sizing fire formed brass would using a redding type "S" bushing die with neck bushing for final neck size and a Carbide expander for inside neck sizing turnout brass with more consistant neck tension with less runout performing 3 functions with one Die.

Archived