Semi Custom .223 for Sale

A reluctant sale but the incoming .223 conversion for my DTA will make this rifle unfortunately redundant.

Spec:-

Remington 700 Action - Badger bolt knob, 20 MOA rail

Shilen Select Match 24 inch 1:12 barrel threaded 1/2 UNF

Manners MCS-GAT thumbhole stock. Devcon bedded. Seekins front rail. QD and stud rear sling mounts. Removable cheek riser.

CG Universal 2 stage match trigger.

AICS bottom metal and two 10 round mags.

Total round count is only 1300 and the rifle is accurate enough to outshoot my more expensive toys. The trigger is the best I have ever used.

Adding up the component cost I'd guess it would cost over £2000 to build this now, I will take £1100 collected from Northampton or shipped to an RFD at your cost.

Bipod, sling and scope not included but I could be persuaded to include some of the fallen leaves.......

Tony

post-2991-0-20302800-1477754768_thumb.jpg

post-2991-0-51719700-1477755104_thumb.jpg

post-2991-0-58544500-1477754976_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Err the only thing that`s Remmy there is the bolt/receiver , everything else has been changed for quality kit :)

I had a remmy 700 bog std stainless laminated t-hole varmint , as my first cf rifle , i floated the barrel as they leave a high spot in the laminate stock , and reloads - TEN shots @ 500 yards first time was under 4" . That was more than accurate enough ( out to normal 350 yard ) . I know some customs will better that !

Err the only thing that`s Remmy there is the bolt/receiver , everything else has been changed for quality kit :)

And that had the face recut, bolt lugs lapped and the recoil lug replaced but it's still a Remmy and definitely a shooter

Come on, somebody needs to buy themselves an early Christmas present!

And that had the face recut, bolt lugs lapped and the recoil lug replaced but it's still a Remmy and definitely a shooter

Come on, somebody needs to buy themselves an early Christmas present!

I was praising what you have ,not what you started out with :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tony

Very interested in the rifle.

Can the rifle be shot left handed? Right hand is fine for me, but as my wife shoots too, it would also need to be able to be used left handed. She is used to shooting with RBRP, but can you take a left handed grip on the stock?

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Tony

Very interested in the rifle.

Can the rifle be shot left handed? Right hand is fine for me, but as my wife shoots too, it would also need to be able to be used left handed. She is used to shooting with RBRP, but can you take a left handed grip on the stock?

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

More info on the stock below.

The stock is designed to be ambi but there is a small thumb shelf on the left side of the stock that would be under the palm for a leftie. I tend to shoot thumb up in most positions and it is definitely comfortable ambi that way. I just pulled the gun from the cabinet to remind myself and i'd imagine the smaller the hand the more natural ambi would feel with the thumb through the stock as the cutaways are not filled.

Tony

MCS-GAT

This is a thumbhole tactical stock. This stock was a joint effort by MCS and GA Precision, to design a small light weight thumbhole tactical stock. The standard weight is 3.5 lbs but can be had as light as 2.8 lbs when ordered with the 90% shell option. The MCS-GAT is a ambidextrous stock with a small swell on both sides of the grip. The forend is 1.75 wide at the tip and rounded to a beaver tail that is flat.

The forend is also wide enough to accept a #7 barrel which is about 1.125″ diameter at the tip of the stock. It comes standard with a high cheek piece and an adjustable spacer type butt system, with a 1/2″ Pachmyer Decelerator pad. It also has a butt hook that can be used to ride the bags or control your rifle with your non-trigger hand. The MCS-GAT was designed around a Rem 700 style action, but can be had for Winchester, Savage, Howa and other actions. For a complete list please check out the order online/stock builder, or call for more details.

• 1 month later...

Yes still for sale, I've had a mad couple of months and forgot to bump!

There are a couple of people waiting for variations but not yet confident enough in the timeline to place a deposit so still available.

Archived