I am on the look out for some info on Cronograph's. Am looking to buy one and dont want to end up with something that doesnt work in sunny or cloudy conditions.

In your experiance what one is best ? and what are the pro's and con's that go with it ?.

Thanks

Ads :wub:

I have access to a chrony and it will do the job but I'm sure there are better options out there.

As you say sunny conditions and a low sun can confuse it. Seem to get a few missed readings but then other times it works ok.

It could be a classic you get what you pay for. I think this one was about £60 a few years ago but I didn't buy it just suggested to work we needed one :D

If you can find one - get an Oehler 35

They work in everything except seriously dull weather - ive had mine for years and its not let me down yet.

Which is more I can say for CED , PACT etc that ive tried before.

I know the Oehlers are no longer made, BUT you can still get them if you search and spares are readilly available direct from the Oehler family.

Buy once get the best. :D

3skyscreens.jpg

fullsiderem2506andoehler.jpg

If you can find one - get an Oehler 35

They work in everything except seriously dull weather - ive had mine for years and its not let me down yet.

Which is more I can say for CED , PACT etc that ive tried before.

I know the Oehlers are no longer made, BUT you can still get them if you search and spares are readilly available direct from the Oehler family.

Buy once get the best. :D

3skyscreens.jpg

fullsiderem2506andoehler.jpg

Food for thought, Ill go and see what i can dig out on these. B)

Keep them coming

Cheers

Ads

CED millenium all the way, but I also have the infra red sight screen which means I can shoot in any conditions, never missed a read out in 12 or so years.

What ever you buy be very carefull not to shoot a sight screen, I have seen it happen twice (not mine or not me shooting - therefore was very amusing as a bystander!!)

I have seen it done twice as well, by the same guy in the same session!!! :D

First shot clipped the sky-screens but after adjusting the chrono posiiton the same guy then put a bullet straight through the electrics B):o .

The first hit on the chrono was met with some amusement but the second shot was met with head shakes, tutting and mutterings of prat and to$$er.

Ian.

I use a CED Millennium, other than the Oehler I believe it's your best bet....and guess what there's one for sale here....

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300910

I will add that I know nothing about the person selling or the chronograph.

And why does my link not work??

Your link worked okay for me.

Pete.

Archived