My boy. BASC Young shots ambassador

247sniper

HI guys,

As some of you may know my son Jake (aged just 12) has been shooting with me and carrying out conservation work, Larsen trapping, heather burning on our moorland, land management and general game hunting including vermin control, including being invited too several 300 bird day shoots and which he shot his fair share if not more of the bag! lol

He started clay shooting 1 year ago to the day on Sunday, 7/08/15. He has shot over 10,000 cartridges at the range over this last year and has come on so well its untrue.
He shoots, skeet like its just fun to shoot, banging in 25 straights like its effortless, gun down as well and not from the shoulder too I should add. He shot the Island Skeet champs the other week and came 4th overall in the seniors, he was disappointed that day because he shot only 95/100 lol he shot 25 straight, followed buy a 20/25 for some reason??? confused.gif followed but 3x more 25 straights to finish on 95/100!

Over the last few weeks he has turned his efforts into shooting more sporting as that is what myself and Jake are really about, we are sporting shooters. He shot the 50 sporting competition on Saturday, not as a junior but as a senior, it was a hard lay out with high winds making a difficult lay out very difficult, he shot an impressive 38/50 and finished 6th out off 46 shooters, many of which have been shooting a life time!

Over the week end we had our annual BASC supported young shots day where Duncan Thomas Northern Regional BASC director was there again, he has recognized the talent and progress my boy has made, but not only that he has acknowledged the efforts in all of the above that he has been heavily involved in over the last few years with myself including our most recent grouse project which involves radio tagging and tracking grouse.

With these efforts acknowledged Duncan has awarded my son Jake the title of young shots ambassador on the Isle of Man and has given his support including BASC and support from Eley cartridges too.

To say im pleased and proud of my boy is a massive understatement, what he has achieved over this last year is truly incredible for anyone, let alone a 12 year old.

Hopefully he is one of our sports future big shooting names, fingers crossed anyway.

https://twitter.com/DuncanBASC/status/761984368189509632

Cheers thanks fellas. Thanks for your kind words.

It really depends on their size really. My Jake is a big lad, tall and strong so he can throw a 12 bore 30 inch browning round no probs, however his mate that is the same age and literally half his size struggles to handle a 12 gauge.

Anywhere from around 8 perhaps with a 4.10. They are never to you to start learning gun safety and the dogs and don't s. Jake has been shooting rifles with me for around 3 year's so thay is also a good start for them too.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant news about Jake, Steve. It will be a day that he won't forget in a hurry! ;)

Cheers buddy. It certainly won't.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Steve

If he keeps progressing like he already has , then he could be at top level in the future ! well done indeed . Atb

Cheers thanks guys. Thanks for the postive comments, much appreciated.

Here is a couple of videos with him in action at the clay range and some impressive vermin Control.

Thanks again.

Steve

https://youtu.be/sI9lZkI1oxU

https://youtu.be/uG5pH6_3O9M

Archived