Collectors licence

6.5 shooter

You'd need to have a good reason, and I'm not sure 'Cos I fancy one' is going to be good enough.

Most folk I know that fancy a gun will name a competition they can shoot with the gun at their club as the good reason for needing something they fancy.....

You'd need to have a good reason, and I'm not sure 'Cos I fancy one' is going to be good enough.

Most folk I know that fancy a gun will name a competition they can shoot with the gun at their club as the good reason for needing something they fancy.....

This is a different system, you dont need resoning for a collectors liscence. The term collectors liscence sort of gives it away.

Unless you mean Section 58 "antiques" then I don't think you need any kind of licence but you obviously can't shoot them.

My RFD was telling me about it, it must be different again from the antique law then because he says you can shoot them at youre gun range.

I must ask him more about it.

Collectors licenses normally cover ammunition (although why people wish to collect ammo and not shoot it is beyond me)

Firearms collections need to have a theme, such as WW1 rifles, Lee Enfields, Mausers, Guns of the Reich etc.

That kind of thing would work, but collecting any old tat just cause you fancy it probably won't wash :lol:

Collectors licenses normally cover ammunition (although why people wish to collect ammo and not shoot it is beyond me)

Firearms collections need to have a theme, such as WW1 rifles, Lee Enfields, Mausers, Guns of the Reich etc.

That kind of thing would work, but collecting any old tat just cause you fancy it probably won't wash :lol:

Thanks Mark, so you have to specify a certain era of guns you would like to collect then instead of any old tat? Lol

Thanks Mark, so you have to specify a certain era of guns you would like to collect then instead of any old tat? Lol

That would be my interpretation.

It seems to work for those that collect handguns under 7.1 and 7.3, but I'm not sure about rifles.

A call to your licensing dept might be a good idea

I had the feeling from reading various bits that collection was not enough to warrant the ownership of firearms (with the exception of section 7, but I understand that that is seriously hard to get on an FAC). I got the impression that that was why section 58 came into force: so that they could allow people to collect (i.e. that people who want to collect, probably want to collect antique firearms) off ticket, but also stop people from owning semi-auto/auto firearms simply for the sake of a'collection" on an FAC. It is a weird load of laws, and that is simply my interpretation of the oddness of section 58, within a set of laws which prohibits/controls so much.

Archived