6mmbr build

ANDY T

Hi

I am looking at what maybe my next build. 6mmbr rifle that is magazine feed. That would be good for up to 600 yarsds.

The rifle will have a sort match barrel 20-22inch and will be magazine feed.

So what action and stock would you recommend and most important how do I find a closed magazine that would reliably cycle time and time again. Is there anyone in the uk that makes or modifies mags for 6mmbr.?

Andy

a friend has a 6mmbr and runs it with aics mags but they have to be modified to run the shorter round which is what put me off , I'm told the 22-250 sako 75 and the tikkas will feed the br round though without modification?

The Mausingfield will feed and eject BR and Dashers flawlessly from Unmodified AiCs magazines. as it is controlled feed and mechanical eject. So none of the issues of Rem type actions.

Hi

What type of AI magazine did he have altered and who altered it for him.

Regards

Andy

as I said , AICS type mags , he modded them himself by fitting a block in the rear of the mag , it run fine after the mod but I wanted to use unmodified mags so I can use them with my 260/308 and 338 federal once I get round to building it.

The Mausingfield will feed and eject BR and Dashers flawlessly from Unmodified AiCs magazines. as it is controlled feed and mechanical eject. So none of the issues of Rem type actions.

Hi

Who sells the Mausingfield actions in the uk.? Would this action fit into an AI AT stock.?

Andy

Hi

Who sells the Mausingfield actions in the uk.? Would this action fit into an AI AT stock.?

Andy

I sell them, and myself and Dave Wylde have them on the shelf. And yes, it would bolt straight in.

I ran my Stiller 6mmbr in a MDT Lss chassis and MDT 10 round mags without modifications. It fed flawlessly.

I will see if I can find my u tube video that shows it run......

Mine is also a bog-standard M590 and feeds smooth as anything out of a 22.250mag. Stupidly accurate and didn't break the bank to build...worth thinking about ;)

Good luck!

Finman

Hi there,

Are these 590's that feed so well, using a 3 or a 5 shot; and is there any difference between this action and the 595?

I only ask because I've got a 6BR built on a 595 action and although it shoots like a dream, I find it difficult to load cleanly into the chamber from the 3 shot and 5 shot 22-250 mags I've got.

Just wondered if there may be a reason the 590's don't appear to have this problem.

Cheers. Paul

The actions are very similar Paul.

Your problem is your mags. You have to get hold of a new one. Old ones have tired springs, and thats whats wrong.

The actions are very similar Paul.

Your problem is your mags. You have to get hold of a new one. Old ones have tired springs, and thats whats wrong.

Hi Dave,

I have got a brand new 5 shot mag, but that also struggled to feed cleanly, as the round seemed to "catch/snag" on the lip of the magazine, so a little bit was taken out to try to replicate the 3 round mags that came with the rifle, but unfortunately a little too enthusiastic with the cutting has made it too low at the lip end now, so the feeder ramp now pops out when loading!!! Typical schoolboy error (measure twice, cut once, springs to mind!!!). Anyway, repairs are underway, so hopefully that will sort it, otherwise it's back on the web to source another new magazine; and then try again.

But trust me, the effort is going to be worth it, as I absolutely love it to bits....then again, I think you would know that.

If you hear of a new 5 shot .22-250 mag knocking about Dave, let me know.

Cheers. Paul

Archived