Well done to Baldie

Well done Dave on winning the Fly shoot yesterday and also hitting that fly 3 times, boy was that a small target at 500yrds.

Well done to all the others that attended and took part in the shoot

A few of us managed to get thier 'Fly Patch' for hitting the little buggar, but the diggle winds made most of us fall shy on the target with a lot of the hits going to the right of the target area, but still in the scoring zone.

Well done Dave

once is an achievement, but three times (wasn't same COF too was it)

Respect matey :rolleyes:

Who else swatted the blighter?

Well done dave, You hit the bugger three times!!!

Well done paul on getting your patch, first time out at 500 yrds

Well done boys!!! And thank you for making us welsh lads wellcome!!!!

Baldie,, The secret to catching them sheep, is to have spikes on the soles of your trainers :rolleyes:;)

All the best, Darrel

Thanks fella,s. It was a most enjoyable day, with lots of entrants, and a mighty good craic all day.

I did,nt use the new 6mmbr as i didn,t have a zero at 100 yards with it, as it wont come down.I,m gonna change the scope, plus i didn,t have enough bullets left to reload.I used the 6.5x47, and what a cartridge that is.It beat all the fancy "f" class 7mm,s yesterday too.

Well done paul, on a patch, and hard luck daryll on just missing out on small group, there was some tight ones yesterday, and despite the wind, i reckon there was at least a dozen hit the fly?

Tikka

The Fly shoot is shot at 500 yds, target is standard V Bull on A3 size paper.

Centre of bull is a just larger than lifesize blubottle - actually the size of a Bee.

Game is three 5 shot strings (with sighters on backstop if required) in 15 mins.

Winner is smallest group - each 5 shot string is marked after the COF

Also get patch and admiration of peers for hitting the Fly - it is an achievement to hit the target paper at Diggle sometimes let alone the scoring area, to hit the fly is very very good.

Thanks fella,s. It was a most enjoyable day, with lots of entrants, and a mighty good craic all day.

I did,nt use the new 6mmbr as i didn,t have a zero at 100 yards with it, as it wont come down.I,m gonna change the scope, plus i didn,t have enough bullets left to reload.I used the 6.5x47, and what a cartridge that is.It beat all the fancy "f" class 7mm,s yesterday too.

Well done paul, on a patch, and hard luck daryll on just missing out on small group, there was some tight ones yesterday, and despite the wind, i reckon there was at least a dozen hit the fly?

well done Dave

has your record of winning the fly shoot 3 times in a row been done before, or is this a record???

ether way a fantastic achievement. well done that man

ATB

Colin ;)

I haven,t a clue whether its a record Col to be honest, i hit it twice last year, and once the year before....so it has to be four hits next year... ;)

i must admit it was a damn small target at 500yrds and was very impressed that i managed to hit the fly ( much luck than judgement i think though) i didn't score to badly either, which was also a bonus :lol:

Pete

at that range (on that range) at Diggle with any rifle you are doing well to get a 2.5" group or less (sub half or half minute) with a "normalish" rifle - I.e. one that is not dedicated BR of F-Classer.

The wind is the killer.

70% of the shooters get MOA groups at this range (on this event)

30% get half or sub MOA groups.

This place isnt about just how accurate your set up is, it tests the shooter too.

Just out of interest what is the average or what is considered to be a good group size at this distance,

Oh and well done Baldie

My 300wsm is printing 2.5" at 500 with a load which has had very little work put into it, dont think I can get that any better really. :lol:

my 243 AI prints 2.5 at 500 the first time I tried it,I was well please,do you want to buy a 300 wsm redding body die

Thing is the 300wsm is on a Howa action not a Gucci action, its also got a Pacnor on it. I would of expected the 243 AI to do 2.5" at that distance in view of the fact its custom made, I was surprised the 300wsm maintained this accuracy but chuffed to bits. :rolleyes:

Got a body die already ta.

• 2 months later...

well done dave ;)

Archived