Can't find a bipod that fits me...

Hi Guys,

I find myself in a strange situation where I can't find a single bipod that'll suit my prone shooting needs.

9-12" bipods

I'm comfortable shooting on level ground with the bipod set to 12", and if I need to shoot down a slope I can reduce the height as required. However if there's any incline at all, I find that I have to get the butt right down on the floor and lay on top of the rifle whilst trying to crane my neck in behind the scope.

13-2x" bipods

I'm comfortable shooting on level ground with the bipod set to 13", and if I need to shoot up an incline I can increase the height to suit. However if there's any slope down at all, I can't get up and behind the scope.

What I think I really need, is a 10-16"ish bipod, but I'm damned if I can find one anywhere?

One of my fellow shooters suggested getting a pair of custom legs made up and taking a hacksaw to an existing bipod – has anyone on here ever encountered a similar situation and found a solution?

Cheers,

Cam.

• 4 weeks later...

Cameron

You've asked another good question. Ideally I'd like a bipod that goes from 8 inches to 25 inches.

I use Harris 12-25 in the field, but I'm considerably smaller than you are.

I've chased around lots of different bipods since ~2000 and not found a universal one yet.

Best regards

JCS

Archived