Reloading the .410

Davy

I want to start loading for my .410 and I would prefer to use brass cartridges and can go down the factory Magtech or reformed .303 Brass. It would only be for 2.5" and certainly nothing hot load wise. Does anyone have any hints/tips or first hand experience of the process and any favourite loads?

I want to start loading for my .410 and I would prefer to use brass cartridges and can go down the factory Magtech or reformed .303 Brass. It would only be for 2.5" and certainly nothing hot load wise. Does anyone have any hints/tips or first hand experience of the process and any favourite loads?

So brass cases are available for .410?

Davy have you tried chambering a 303 ? I dropped one in last week and although it closed the action it seemed the rim thickness was a little thick. May of been a slightly proud primer as it was an "show" inert round . May go down this route myself but not sure how to crimp brass yet or plastic ones yet :wacko:

Davy have you tried chambering a 303 ? I dropped one in last week and although it closed the action it seemed the rim thickness was a little thick. May of been a slightly proud primer as it was an "show" inert round . May go down this route myself but not sure how to crimp brass yet or plastic ones yet :wacko:

I had a try and it looks like around .010" to .012" needs machining off the face of the case head, once this was done they chamber perfectly. I will experiment a bit and see what the minimum cut is to get them to chamber however I think I am close with the above.

you glue in paper discs on brass no need to crimp

you can use 303" or .444 brass make 2.5" shells

9.3mm x 74 R brass makes 3" 410 Shells

Clay and game now stock Magtech Brass shells

Check hat Wad sizes you need Brass shells geerally need larger than plastic ones

you will need a FAC to reload tho as you need Rifle primers and cant buy them on a SGC

Archived