My new 3D printed 338LM can

Hi Guys ,

Just seen pics of my new 338 can just off the printer , looks good , its getting the nitride Tan colour coating next , also should have a cover for it by same company , Oceania Defence Ltd , will put some pics up soon of it .

Later Chris

Chris,

That looks very impressive. How are the moderators verifed as in how do you know the printer formed the internals correctly, do they x Ray to check? What is the cost compared to a traditionally built mod in the same material?

The cans made for the large 2 chamber AI Tac brake , it was my idea to have a ON & arrow , because of the LH thread , the can has 2 diferent size o-rings , these keep the can nce and snug , weight is 260 gms I think off the top of my head , will weigh it when it arrives .

Basically Hi grade Ti powder , thats melted completely ( ie new stronger lasers ) , structure is meant to be the same as billet strenght , then heat treated , and nitrided for finish colour .

Colours available are black & tan .

I like the tan / brown colour the most .

The overall impression in the hands , is its lack of weight ,

The version made for the AI rifles will be made for the 2 chamber brake , and in 338cal only , so it can go onto a 308 , 300 & 338 , which is hte saem app as the AI brake .

Later Chris

They are not cheap thats for sure , they are in the 1200 + NZD range , depends on the size of the can , ODL make 223 cans & up to 338LM , also 9mm pistol cans .

In New Zealand , we donot have a maker that I know off using Ti materials in a convential way , ie tube & machine baffle etc , so I cannot give you a price on that option .

I saw one of these mods on Friday at the show. The chap who is selling them here came on the AI stand.

This thing is unbelievably light. I'll bet it weighed less than a SAK rimfire mod.

I saw one of these mods on Friday at the show. The chap who is selling them here came on the AI stand.

This thing is unbelievably light. I'll bet it weighed less than a SAK rimfire mod.

Thought that's what I saw there too. Quite interested to see how it sounds next, will be in the market for a mod for my .300 Norma magnum AXMC

I thought that was you, Dave. Didn't recognise you til I heard the accent though! I was wondering if Sporting Services were there as I couldn't find them, a friend was interested in purchasing an AT hopefully at a show price

Archived