Badger Cull

Redfox

Well it seems this hopeless government is even ignoring its own experts, on the news it was said that the government is not going to authorise a cull in the high TB infection areas. Giving into pressure from the tree huggers yet again. Wonder if they would be so against it if their child got the almost impossible to cure latest virus, they would then want to shoot all cows and possibly the farmers as well :mad: . It beggars belief that we are still killing tens of thousands of cows each year infected with TB. A proper cull on badgers in the bad areas followed by re stocking with clean vaxinated ones, would give all parties what they want but might cost a few quid for the programme. I might get into racist and contentious issues so will say no more :)

Redfox

The good news locally is that I have found 11 road-kills so far this year.

All road kills should be investigated by the DVA for possible signs of Bovine TB but they do not want to know.

Badgers are very common here in Cumbria and sometimes 5 or 6 can be seen in one field.

HWH.

Well. well, what a surprise!. Did anyone really think this bunch of illiberal, malicious, communist numpties would allow a cull to go ahead? Yea, right.

This is, without a shadow of a doubt, a political issue.

Firstly, to enter a political note. We have a Minister in office who is a dedicated veggie - if that's not a conflict of interest, I'd like to know what is.

Furthermore, it is the aim of the Labour administration to degrade or destroy our British way of life so that it can be reformed into a totalitarian, centrally run, bureaucratic state - or as near as they can without causing a popular uprising. The intention is to fix the electorate so that they do not vote for anyone else and has been their stated policy since being elected in 1997. Anyone who may disagree with that should think back over the last 11 years and remember what has been lost in our national life. You may also remember that the present Prime Minister was never elected and is the Robert Mugabe of British politics - there are also other parallels with the present situation in Zimbabwe.

Secondly, as far as the proposed cull is concerned, THERE ARE FAR, FAR TOO MANY BADGERS!. They are destroying the countryside, killing ground- nesting bird populations, rabbits, hares, bumble bees, lambs and anything else they can eat and, as importantly, destroying the livelyhoods of country people - just what this so-called Government wants(country people vote Conservative, don't they?). The badger population needs to be culled then replaced with a TB free strain to a level where their impact on the countryside is proportionate - not grossly disproportionate as at present. It is my personal opinion that this is going to need total elimination before even contemplating the introduction of a new, small, TB free population. Thereafter, there will need to be regular monitoring and culling so that the problem does not recur. Without total elimination, such a policy will not work and bovine TB will continue to be rife in the national cattle herd. The likelyhood of such a policy being put into effect is remote, of course.

This is one of the many reasons why this Government of malicious no-goods needs to be thrown out.

The good news locally is that I have found 11 road-kills so far this year.

All road kills should be investigated by the DVA for possible signs of Bovine TB but they do not want to know.

Badgers are very common here in Cumbria and sometimes 5 or 6 can be seen in one field.

HWH.

Stag,

whilst that would in principle be an excellent idea, it may also reveal the gunshot wound that caused the demise of the said badgers who may then have been promptly dumped on the road by exasperated farmers who do not know what else they are to do to salvage their herds...I jest, of course :mad:

Best wishes,

Finman

In Sporting Shooter this month there is a small peice about the fact that two badgers were found in the Scottish borders area,on the roadside. It says the police carried out a post mortem and both badgers had brocken necks.It seems this is the eigth time this has happened recently.

Of coarse some anti group in Scotland is using this as a reason to push for a total snare ban in Scotland.

I would just like to know how long the police have been carrying out post mortems on roadkill,and also how likely it is for a snare to break a badgers neck,as i have very limited experience of snaring?

In Derbyshire there is a group called badger watch. Whenever a road kill badger is reported to the police badger watch are contacted. They collect the dead badger and do a post mortem, anything illegal is then reported back. I have yet to of heard of any crime coming from this. Derbyshire is over run with the critters and is in need of a cull.

In Sporting Shooter this month there is a small peice about the fact that two badgers were found in the Scottish borders area,on the roadside. It says the police carried out a post mortem and both badgers had brocken necks.It seems this is the eigth time this has happened recently.

Of coarse some anti group in Scotland is using this as a reason to push for a total snare ban in Scotland.

I would just like to know how long the police have been carrying out post mortems on roadkill,and also how likely it is for a snare to break a badgers neck,as i have very limited experience of snaring?

It's about as unlikely as me winning the lottery, if you do catch a badger, they are usually very much alive, unless you have set a snare on a fence, (which is of course going against the guidelines), then you may have a casualty, death will be by asphyxiation (spelling), you only have to see the build /anatomy of a badger to realise how difficult it is to break their necks. Personally, I use breakaway snares which a badger can pull free from, a fox cannot.

Archived