best rechargeable 123 Batteries

ergid

Hi ,I"m looking for the best rechargeable 123 batteries for a night vision ,bought some on eBay not very good a few have failed after a couple of charges ,any advise please !

Just be careful standard non rechargeable CR123a batteries are 3V while rechargeables are 3.7V, I always use standard non rechargeables in NV gear. The higher voltage has been known to damage NV.

Just be careful standard non rechargeable CR123a batteries are 3V while rechargeables are 3.7V, I always use standard non rechargeables in NV gear. The higher voltage has been known to damage NV.

thanks Andy ,going to try another brand off Amazon ,they are 3V ,£4 each .

ergid.

Hi please lett us know how you get on the supermarkets round me have stopped stocking them at £3-£4 a pare,but the camra shops are £8 a pare. You must be carful they are 3v as Iv been warned when using them in my Drone Proes the 3.7 will damage them.

As Andybrock says

Non rechargeable lithium are 3 volts (and about 1450mah)

Rechargeable lithium ion are 3.7 volts nominal but up to 4.2 volts when freshly charged (and not more than 650mah)

A possible alternative is rechargeable lithium phosphate (LifePO4) which are 3 volt nominal and up to 3.3 volt fully charged (and not more than 650mah) - but needs a specific charger

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Etnesan-13500mAh-CR123-3V-Lithium-rechargeable-Battery-DL123A-CR17345-/391283718511

Cheers

Bruce

As Andybrock says

Non rechargeable lithium are 3 volts (and about 1450mah)

Rechargeable lithium ion are 3.7 volts nominal but up to 4.2 volts when freshly charged (and not more than 650mah)

A possible alternative is rechargeable lithium phosphate (LifePO4) which are 3 volt nominal and up to 3.3 volt fully charged (and not more than 650mah) - but needs a specific charger

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Etnesan-13500mAh-CR123-3V-Lithium-rechargeable-Battery-DL123A-CR17345-/391283718511

Cheers

Bruce

Will have a look at these and try to find a charging unit.

Thanks

ergid.

Archived