Howa Nightforce SHV

Nice group and the scope looks the bizz . Is it 223 ?

Yes. 223 in a 1:12 twist. I have never had a rifle which is so accurate as a factory tube. The trigger has been polished and honed by Mike Norris and it likes 50 Normas, and 40 and 55 Hornady V-max. Not so much 53gn Superformance which is interesting,

Mike does a great job on the triggers doesn't he, both of mine are a huge improvement.

Yes,maybe about .4 for those three-I can't get my head round the new fashion for two shots that don't touch to somehow suggest a sub calibre group-not that you are saying anything like that.Good if reliable.

A good trigger really does help,as does a scope with a fine aim mark-and a comfy stock.Norma usually pretty good too.They allhelp the shooter extract the most intrinsic precision from the rifle /ammo. Call it accuracy,though click across to centre the group to be quite consistent-unless there was wind.The nightforce will click as it should-repeatedly!

Very pleasing result esp from a 'factory' rifle.

gbal

Yes. 223 in a 1:12 twist. I have never had a rifle which is so accurate as a factory tube. The trigger has been polished and honed by Mike Norris and it likes 50 Normas, and 40 and 55 Hornady V-max. Not so much 53gn Superformance which is interesting,

A good friend has that exact same rifle. It never ceases to amaze me how accurate it is. We hand loaded 53gr vmax with h4895 and got 5 shot groups in the high 1s . Also shot extremely well with 60gr vmaxes and 55grain blitz kings. We have both shot it to over 600 yards and it performed very well - weather permitting. These lighter bullets get blew about a bit. He had a howa with the shorter barrel before that with very similar results. His gun also has a tuned trigger which helps with groups. It breaks cleanly at about a pound of pull.

Archived