Carbide 'ligher' for sight blacking - UK stockist?

Gents

As per the title - anyone know were I can get hold of one of these in the UK?

Could obtain a Ray-Vin in the US but wanted to try the UK first for anything similar.

Thanks T

Got the last 3 Ray-Vin SuperSmokers ever to be made.

Interesting gadget, didn't know what they are but I've just watched a video on the Ray Vin website and it looked like he used it for covering his rifle sight in soot, why do you do that?

Got the last 3 Ray-Vin SuperSmokers ever to be made.

Dang they looked neater than the GunSmoke verity.

So this web sites are all out of date then?? thus:

http://www.sbsdistributing.com/index.php?pr=Ray-Vin_SuperSmoker

I hear what you say but I'm going to give them a call anyway.

Interesting gadget, didn't know what they are but I've just watched a video on the Ray Vin website and it looked like he used it for covering his rifle sight in soot, why do you do that?

Simply to make the sights, the foresight blade in particular, easier to see in all lights and to dull them so they won't reflect any ambient light, Andy. Very much an issue for traditional iron sights as on military rifles - V-notch rear + partridge front, U-rear and blade foresight, aperture rear + blade front etc. I've never seen TR shooters with tunnel and ring foresights black them ...... but who knows?

Simply to make the sights, the foresight blade in particular, easier to see in all lights and to dull them so they won't reflect any ambient light, Andy. Very much an issue for traditional iron sights as on military rifles - V-notch rear + partridge front, U-rear and blade foresight, aperture rear + blade front etc. I've never seen TR shooters with tunnel and ring foresights black them ...... but who knows?

Interesting Laurie, thank you.

John MH,

Ray-Vin Super Smoker's still available from the company I gave the link to - I'll be obtaining one, anyone else while I'm at it, spares for yours?

Laurie

Precisely - military open sights are my 'smoking' needs.

Mark,

Just drop the dosh to John :P not sure when I'm able to get to Bisley next? Family first at present.

T

• 2 weeks later...

Archived