Shooting lights?

Tubs

Now i've had my clulite shooting lamp for over ten years and up rated the battery and put on a red filter its done me great for rabbits over the years but now its not turning on very well when i click on the switch it has a delay turning on and sometimes i have to double the switch or pull on the wire between the lamp and battery and then it works.Was looking around for other lights after i was amazed how good my friends led torch/lamp was i think it was a nightmaster something ,the only downside i could see was the beam was very narrow and never scanned the field so well and thought you could miss seeing alot of rabbits due to the beam being so tight,but it was so nice and clear when you got one in your sights it was like HD i also liked the fact that it never gave off or very little light around the shooter. Is there anything that will let you shoot rabbits out to say 150yards and also easily scan and spot the closer stuff for airguns without lighting half the fields up.

Sorry i forgot to say all my lamping is done on foot i also have a LF140 but its only for foxing as it dont fit on my scope and its the hand held type ,most of my lamping is a one man job.Not so good with electrics im sad to say.

If you want a --serious-- torch that has more light output than a LF170, here's the thing:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MAXTOCH-Sniper-M24-with-Holster-Lighter-Version-of-SN6X-2S-AR-Lens-Copper-LED-Base-Longer/1794926363.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.2.SUbsv9&ws_ab_test=201556_8,201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,201560_4

It's small enough to mount on a rifle (65mm head diam, ~250 long) and has all the power you'll ever need. The mid power setting has more grunt than a LF170 and the pair of 18650s will do nearly two hours at mid power. There is enough peripheral flood to quickly scan a field yet the centre spot has serious reach. Deer at 300yds stand out like dogs kahoonas. They were developed by a close collaboration between some Kiwi pro pest guys and the Chinese manufacturer. Anyone that sees them in action knows that "cords are dead". My LF 170/140/SLAs are all now redundant.

If you want a --serious-- torch that has more light output than a LF170, here's the thing:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MAXTOCH-Sniper-M24-with-Holster-Lighter-Version-of-SN6X-2S-AR-Lens-Copper-LED-Base-Longer/1794926363.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.2.SUbsv9&ws_ab_test=201556_8,201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,201560_4

It's small enough to mount on a rifle (65mm head diam, ~250 long) and has all the power you'll ever need. The mid power setting has more grunt than a LF170 and the pair of 18650s will do nearly two hours at mid power. There is enough peripheral flood to quickly scan a field yet the centre spot has serious reach. Deer at 300yds stand out like dogs kahoonas. They were developed by a close collaboration between some Kiwi pro pest guys and the Chinese manufacturer. Anyone that sees them in action knows that "cords are dead". My LF 170/140/SLAs are all now redundant.

Chris, do you know if the led's can be changed to different colours?

Chris, you have one? Is this first hand experience?

Yep, I have one, the orig M24 which was dedomed by a local guy. The latest ones with the ?XM3 LED come dedomed.

They have become the preferred option amongst hunters here. Once seen, you've gotta have one like my hunting buddy did. Another shooter contact brought his LED Lenser up to my place and we compared these side by side on the neighbour's paddocks. The Maxtoch walked all over the Lenser despite being 1/3 of the price.

I have no idea if you can get coloured filters for them- might have to adapt something. We don't bother - just use them as they are. I use it on low power i I'm out chasing small stuff, high power on deer most of the time. If I can get hold of my farmer patient who owns the place I shoot reds, it might get some use Thur night but only if nothing appears on dusk.

Thank you all for the replies and thanks Simon I'm based in the liskeard area,sounds like the led lights are getting very popular now I've seen various types on ebay but a lot of the lights look like torches or am I looking at the wrong type.

Nightscout t67 you can get red and green +ir pills that you can change the pills without any tools pills are about £19 tourch was £54 for the double battery type and it came with the clamp to fix it to your scope

Archived